Fed up!

Options
ive logged all that I have been doing and eating for the past few weeks, watching what I do, and coming under my daily kilojoules yet I have managed to put on 9 pounds and I am now the heaviest I have ever been.
Very upset!!!

Replies

• Natalierae886
    Natalierae886 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Have you been working out? Ive just gained a pound since friday and im eating under my calorie goal and exercising every day. I goggled it and apparently your body starts holding onto more water in the first few weeks and then you start to drop the weight when your body is used to it. Hope this helps :)
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I took a few weeks to adjust my calories to the right level to lose. All the calculators said that I needed something like 1820 to lose 1 lb per week. Tried that for 2 weeks and I lost, but really slowly. I think my desk job made me more sedentary than I thought.

So I adjusted down to 1600 cal per day. That was good for another couple of weeks, but I wanted to lose a little faster. So I am at 1500 cal now.

My level of exercise has easily doubled in the 6 weeks I have been here. And I'm getting fitter. So 1500 isn't going to be the right level forever.

I don't mean to talk all about me, but want to encourage you that it is a process. You will need to make adjustments as you go. Often, not just once. Please read the link above and make an adjustment. It might take another couple of weeks to find your current sweet spot, but don't give up. I feel your frustration but look at it this way, even if it take you 6 more MONTHS to start losing (it won't), the reward of better health, better weight, through the roof confidence will last much, MUCH longer.
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It just isn't possible if you are actually counting calories accurately. Most likely you haven't been measuring everything with a digital food scale and measuring cups/spoons.