Fitbit charge hr rash?

Options
2»

Replies

• tsualum
    tsualum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have an awful rash and my skin is even pealing due to it! I am seriously thinking of returning my Charge HR and I am so disappointed because I really like the features. :-(
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Update: I haven't had any issues since the rash in February. I don't wear it tight anymore (it can slide up and down my wrist a bit) and I make sure to clean the band after every workout. Right after the rash I rubbed down the band with rubbing alcohol every other day for awhile, but now I only do that every 2 weeks.

So definitely make sure the band is clean and you aren't wearing it too tight.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I get a rash from my belt buckle if I don't tuck in my shirt. I have had several watches that irritated my wrist. The Fitbit Charge HR doesn't cause me any trouble at all.

Edited to add: My wrists are tiny - I have a small. I have to wear it tight enough that it leaves a dent where the HR sensor digs into my wrist or risk having the whole watch try to rotate around my wrist. The rotation of the hard length of the device itself bruises my wrist. Even at this level of snugness, neither plastic nor metal irritates my wrist.
  • DaniYelli27
    DaniYelli27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The manual with the HR says not to wear it if your skin reacts to it, you likely have an allergy to the material.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I've never gotten a rash from wearing mine, but I have noticed that the area where I normally wear it will get really itchy if I forget to put lotion on it for a couple of days. Now, I just rub the area with a little sweet almond oil after I come out of the bath, which cleared the problem right up.
  • sudipsg
    sudipsg Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Yes, this rash problem with Fitbit Charge HR is for real and it causes pretty bad rash. This snapshot of my arm was taken after 2 days of healing. It looked scary when it happenned.
    n5zg8dmcosvh.jpg
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I got a small one under the face part. Started cleaning it after workouts and making sure my wrist was dry. Moisture is what is causing it and if it's not by the Buckle its most likely not a nickel allergy. Just don't wear it so tight and keep it clean. Imagine we wash our faces and our jewelry but think that a band, that we wear while working out is going to be different.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I've had a reaction to mine as well but only if I wear it tightly. I make sure I now clean it regularly and wear it loose. I also try to switch wrists every week. I've had no problems since.

To all the people saying it's a metal allergy the rash is happening where the CE mark is in the plastic. Not near the metal bit at all.
  • conifera
    conifera Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a rash on the underside of my wrist where the band meets the buckle.

q5755c7pbmcx.jpg

I switched wrists before going to bed and woke up with this after about 6 hours on the new wrist.

67606CBB-EAB4-4CAC-BDC5-0D7AC50A751D.jpg

Mine irritates me in exactly the same place but only occasionally! Weird!

Hey,

Random, but do you have food allergies or any other type of allergies???? Upset stomach, congested nose, musculoskeletal pain?

I have noticed that the little spot only flares up when I am having other type of inflammation. {allergies}

I wear my Fitbit super loose, so it being super tight was really not the issue.

Just a thought!

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I have the rash underneath the band and it stops where the sensor is. The rash calms down if I clean the band with alcohol 3 times daily (morning, after workout, night). I wonder if it is an allergy to the band, or maybe sweat irritates the skin?
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Doesn't look like what happens when I wear metal, but everyone's reactions are different I guess...looks more like a chemical burn or something. Weird. Does it itch or anything?

ETA: did not realize this is a really old thread. Disregard. Lol.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've gotten it. But I have sensitive skin. It looked more like a chemical burn than a rash to me.
    Both times I got it , I wore my charge HR on the other arm for a couple of days and put talc on the burned area after my shower each day. It cleared up in about 2 days.
    Now I take the charge off and wipe it with a baby wipe before showering and put it back on with clean skin and it hasn't happened again.
    I wear it loosely also,