Meal Prep

Options
Hey there, I am new here.
But not new to weight loss. First time I tried to lose weight I was great at it. I lost about 50lbs in 1 year. I have gained it all back within about 5 years.. :( my weights been a roller coaster ride ever since. This time I'm determined. I was hoping I could be steered into the right direction of different kinds of meals to prep on a Sunday that I can keep in the fridge for 5 days.
Thanks!

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is good to plan on putting some food in the freezer that you will be eating at the end of the week -- MTW in the fridge. Th and F in the freezer to be reheated.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If you're not a picky eater, this will be a breeze. I buy a couple bags of frozen veggies like green beans and broccoli, a head of cabbage, head of cauliflower, zucchini, peppers, and cucumbers for prep - those are my bases for meals. Cut up the head of cabbage & cauliflower and contain them (fridge or freezer, they will last unless you buy organic), clean the rest of veggies because they're easy enough to prep & weigh in a few minutes each day.

Meats I prep every 3-4 days because after that they always get too dry for me, and just slap them on top of my veggies that are already in containers. Eggs- I buy 90 from Costco - hard boil about 12 every 10-14 days. easy snack on the go.

Zero calories toppings like Worcestershire sauce and Mustard are awesome, I've learned to love them (because I don't have to measure them)..personal preference.

Best way to go about this is to find meals & foods that you enjoy and prep those! I personally love veggies so I eat like 3lbs a day, so I end up running to the market at least twice a week and prep my containers every 48 hours.
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Last week I cooked 5 chicken breasts, and some breakfast sausages , portioned them and put them in Tupperware. Then I cooked potatoes, rice. Carrots and broccoli and did the same. Then all I needed to do was pull a meat, side and carb out and microwave it.