Is eating at the "extreme weightloss" calorie target necessary to get a Victoria Secrets body ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    getgemma wrote: »
    Fujiberry wrote: »
    Nope, I've never been tempted to eat that little. One, I love food so I'm not giving that up. Two, I look so much better when I'm fuller with more muscle/fat. I actually have curves now. Three, I like lifting heavy things. A low calorie diet is going to destroy my lifts. :/

Hearing a lot of good things about lifts Fuji. Will put some effort in with the new programme I'm building up.

With the lifting how do you slacken tight muscles in your calf, quad of hamstring other than nobbly foam roller, massage stick and stretches? (Happy to see YouTube vids of stretches).
    Massages (I wish I can get one professionally, but I just get my bf to do it), applying heat to the area, dynamic stretches, and hot baths. :)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I would think that an extreme caloric deficit would be counterproductive--you would lose more lean mass, including muscle. If you're in a healthy weight range already, I would check out the recomp thread in the maintenance forum before I did 1200.

I just read that Adriana Lima credits capoeira and weights for her figure, but as many above have pointed out, she also has genetics on her side.

But if you're "ravenous," as you say, it may be that you're not spending your calories wisely. Get enough protein, fat, and fiber, and see if certain food choices make you hungrier.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Want a dancer body? . Go dance.

• getgemma
    getgemma Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

Thanks. That was a useful article for me. Weights regieme and Pilates need to be brought back in. Last year my shape was stronger from Pilates and kettle bells. But dropped them for my swim & cycling. Interesting that there was no cardio...can only presume because they are in the sweet spot for body fat.
  • getgemma
    Options
    I would think that an extreme caloric deficit would be counterproductive--you would lose more lean mass, including muscle. If you're in a healthy weight range already, I would check out the recomp thread in the maintenance forum before I did 1200.

I just read that Adriana Lima credits capoeira and weights for her figure, but as many above have pointed out, she also has genetics on her side.

But if you're "ravenous," as you say, it may be that you're not spending your calories wisely. Get enough protein, fat, and fiber, and see if certain food choices make you hungrier.

Thought about consulting a dietician - if you burn 6000 cals from one activity in a day there's only so much you can put back in ;) I'm wondering whether my bodies holding onto what I put in? Any articles out there that are useful. I'm aware of portion sizes and % of macro's but struggling to build that into a weekly meals with exciting flavours. This week and it was pretty much Thai stir fry, egg fried rice and chicken...in coconut oil. I try and cook everything from scratch and organic.

• getgemma
    Options
    Check out these ladies...they are from aBritish TV show and come from sports & lifting I think
    http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/uk-gladiators/images/3513524/title/inferno-photo
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Thought about consulting a dietician - if you burn 6000 cals from one activity in a day there's only so much you can put back in ;) I'm wondering whether my bodies holding onto what I put in? Any articles out there that are useful. I'm aware of portion sizes and % of macro's but struggling to build that into a weekly meals with exciting flavours. This week and it was pretty much Thai stir fry, egg fried rice and chicken...in coconut oil. I try and cook everything from scratch and organic.

What are you doing that burns 6000 cals?
  • getgemma
    Options
    Tavistock
    It's cycling or running or both. I do need to get a cadence metre for my road bike to get a better idea of power output but estimate between 900-1000 tops and refuel then top up with snacks :)
    http://www.bicycling.com/training/fitness/cycling-calories-burned-calculator
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Tavistock
    It's cycling or running or both. I do need to get a cadence metre for my road bike to get a better idea of power output but estimate between 900-1000 tops and refuel then top up with snacks :)

OMG, no, unless you're literally climbing Ventoux that calculator is more than doubling the actual burn.

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options

6000 calories? Wtf exercises are you doing? I think that may be a teeny bit of an exaggeration
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options

What are you doing to burn 6000 calories? That's, like, a triathlon number right there. Are you wearing an HRM all day?

Your body isn't "holding on to" what you put in unless you're eating too many calories. You can eat everything from scratch and organic, but if you're eating more than you burn, you're going to gain.

When I said "you're not spending your food calories wisely," I meant that you should start noticing whether certain food choices make you hungry. Carb-heavy lunches make me hungry in the afternoon and evening. If I go heavy on the protein early in the day, I'm fine. You may find certain foods more satiating than others.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Tavistock

Unless you are cycling like 8 hours per day, you are nowhere close the calories you think you are burning. If you do cycle several hours per day, then you have very conflicting goals - a cyclist's quads and a vs model's body do not really have much in common.
  • getgemma
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Tavistock

OMG, no, unless you're literally climbing Ventoux that calculator is more than doubling the actual burn.

Thanks - That's going to explain a few things!

So if I cycle 7 hours a day at minimum 18mph what does that realistically look like cal burn.
    Running a half marathon at 8:15min miles what's that. (I do this during summer when there are events and race season is on).

A recommendation for a good calculator or formula would be appreciated. (no getting a heart rate monitor yet as there's some other kit needed at the moment). G

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You've logged 2426 calories cycling 198 minutes yesterday

You are kidding yourself, sorry

Take 50-75%
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    May I ask what your goal is

Because wanting to be a triathlete and look like a Victoria's Secret Model seem rather mutually exclusive to me

Also your pic in the OP does not look like you have almost 50lbs to lose so at 5'11 what weight are you aspiring to
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Running a half marathon at 8:15min miles what's that.

13 miles at 150 pounds is about 1200 calories.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi all,

I thought I'd ask and get your thoughts as its a reoccurring theme I seem to come back to when looking through forum posts. Have you personally had to eat at the extremities of your daily calorie intake to see results? I'm asking this in fitness not diet, so please take into consideration sporting requirements and I'll be assuming that you guys have a rounded diet, exercise balance ;)

It's a tough one. I hope I'm not the only one who becomes tempted but then remembers that muscle loss is not cool.

Then in a year or so I can post asking for how to get a Victoria secret / High jumper / dancers body ;) or may be I won't.

Looking forward to your thoughts.
    G

Like this you mean?

ssVfftA.jpg

Obviously a lot of this comes down to genetics (which Lokelani clearly has on her side.)

That said, you can first and foremost train to be good at your desired sport (which could include getting down to a decent racing weight with good weight management techniques) and end up looking amazing. It may not be the Victoria Secret model look (because of genetics) but it would be enough for people to say "damn, that girl looks fine..."