Am I active or very active?

Options
Hey guys, I'm on here a few weeks and I'm just double checking my settings, I'm not sure if I'm active or very active, i hav very active set but im not sure. I'm a hairdresser and I work 4 days a week from 9 to 6 and I exercise 6 days a week, 4 for 30 minutes and 2 for an hour... any help would be much appreciated, thanks ☺

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Activity level on MFP is a product of how active you are during your day, so it doesn't include exercise. The idea is that you eat back some/all the calories you burn during exercise. If you're on your feet for work, I'd consider setting it at lightly active to active and see how you go on that deficit.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Most important is what have been your weight loss results been with your current setting?

If you are following MFP method then lightly active and eat back exercise calories.
    If you don't eat back exercise calories then go to a TDEE calculator.

But can't emphasis enough it's your actual results that matter not some vague activity estimate.
  • cherrymel85
    cherrymel85 Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Yea I might do that as I always have extra calories left over on my day, I seem to be losing half lb or less a week .... thanks guys!!