addicted to chocolate!!

Options
I seem to find myself lately craving chocolate more and more!! What do i do to stop the want of that?

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    eat it in moderation and make it a small part of your food diary. dark chocolate is the best for you. also, try making smoothies with cocoa powder.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein shakes (low sugar varieties) and the Jello Temptations Mousses are also good chocolate fixes without huge caloric loads.
  • txukc
    txukc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    find good quality carob chips to snack on. They are usually found in bulk sections at grocery stores. I don't remember the exact caloric value, but you can eat tons and the calories are still quite low. Not the exact same taste, but as close as you're gonna get without sacrificing good habits
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Oh girl! Who doesn't! LOL Try really really really dark chocolate like 70% dark, and enjoy it very slowly. Savor every bite of one or two squares, and save the rest for later!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    pick up a bar of expensive high quality chocolate (I love anything from chuoa, Green & Black and Newmans Organics are great too) and plan for eating a piece of it! I have pretty much stopped eating cheap chocolate because its so easy to go overboard, but a small piece of really really good chocolate satisfies the craving, I savor it, let it melt in your mouth rather than gobbling it down and never waste it on a time when I'm too busy to focus on enjoying it :) if you need a bigger snack, cut the piece into teensy chunks and stir it into a bowl of low calorie popcorn for the salty sweet combo :)
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Uhh.....why would you want to? I have a light hot chocolate almost every evening. 45 calories. I never feel deprived of what I love, so I have the patience to carry on dieting for the rest of my life.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • naddel02
    naddel02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    lol that make 2 of us, but what i did i made a chocolate shake and it help with the carving alot
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    hershey kisses, little snack size chocalate bars....don't deny yourself. Every few days I save up calories to make sure I have enough to fit in my daily allowance...I NEED chocolate.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Lindt Dark Chocolate squares - 49 cals a square and you honestly only need to eat two (coming from a former chocoholic!). Try the Sea Salt and Chilli varieties- sounds weird but they're yummy
  • Jismeri
    Jismeri Posts: 2
    Options
    These are my favorite ways to eat chocolate while watching my calories:

Quaker Mini Delights in Chocolate Drizzle or Chocolatey Mint. They're bite sized light crispy multigrain cakes that are 90 calories and 3.5g fat per serving (they come in convenient on-the-go bags)!

OR

Make yourself a parfait with plain yogurt, fruit, some cracker or cereal crumbs, and about a tablespoon of Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips. Very yummy!

OR

Using the Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips, melt a tablespoon in the microwave and dip some strawberries in it. Let them cool, and you have some chocolate covered strawberries! You can also do the same with Jell-O Sugar Free Fat Free chocolate pudding and eat immediately after dipping.

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    Peanut butter kills my chocolate cravings.
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Totally understand! I really like almonds covered in super dark chocolate as my chocolate fix... They take longer to eat and are more filling than chocolate alone :)
  • Kkirkland13
    Options
    wow! thank you guys so much!!! Its so hard to try and cut down on chocolate because its so darn good! haha but i will try all of these suggestions :) thanks!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Wow, some great ideas here! I'm off to the store to buy chocolate! :wink: