30+ pounds lost - pictures

ElJefeChief
ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
So, time for the obligatory success pictures, since as of today I've hit my first major milestone - normal BMI, for the first time in about 10 years.

So, although I haven't been this fat since 2004, here's a picture of me when I topped the scales at around 260 pounds. This was me at my worst.

8clkh8wsa1b7.jpg

This is me more recently, with a very rare shirtless pic. Here I weighed in at 232, which is actually where my weight has been hovering since about 2005 or so.

6ijaer34ta33.jpg

And finally - here is me today, at 196.7 pounds, with a BMI of 24.6.

1nw6szfyna0t.jpg

My final goal is to get to a BMI in the 22-23 range. Yes, I know I need to recomp - with a frame like mine it's a bit sad I don't have extra muscle on me the way I should. I have an appointment scheduled with a body mechanics consultant (kind of like a physical therapist who is really into kinetics, physics, lines of force, stuff like that) next week who will give me some solid advice as to how to get started on a safe strength training program. I have some bad arthritis in my left shoulder, as well as history of a fractured spine and bulging disc issues so I want to be careful (oddly, I've never had a single problem with my knees or legs).

Anyways, there you go!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!