Late eating

Options
2»

Replies

• LaurenNotLaura
    LaurenNotLaura Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I broke my late night eating habit by just going to bed. I used to wait until the kids were asleep and then ravage the junk food while watching tv! I made myself get into the habit of going to bed when the kids did. Many nights, in the beginning, I would take 2 benadryl 30 minutes before the last kid went to bed, so I'd be tired and go right to sleep! Now, I rarely make it up past 10 lol. It takes time and patience, you can do it!
  • DaniYelli27
    DaniYelli27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I too struggle with getting hungry almost every night on the dot around 11pm whether I'm in bed or not. I figured out that I was really thirsty; the body has a hard time telling hungry from thirsty so perhaps try drinking a glass of water before eating to see if that helps.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support! Knowing I'm not the only one dealing with this problem makes makes me feel less worried about it. Your support is all I needed to find motivation to break this bad bad habit!

For those who asked, I eat as much healthy food as I can (my salads are quite big) but I am gluten and lactose intolerant, so I cannot have sandwiches/pasta/paninis when I'm at work, and big salads makes me feel full and energized for the whole day:)

If salads do not work, bring some cooked veggies for lunch like broccoli or yellow squash.
    Or some handy canned gluten free soup from the grocery store.