How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I've been weighing myself daily and the up and down that I see is driving me bananas!!!! :s how often does everyone here weigh themselves??

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you can't handle the daily fluctuations, do it just once a week.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on Fridays
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • jblon83
    jblon83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Every morning.

Me too!!

• JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Every morning but I used trendweight. It was stil driving me nuts. I'm trying out Happy Scale app now and it seems to help with the craziness.
  • jokoh92
    jokoh92 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself daily and the up and down that I see is driving me bananas!!!! :s how often does everyone here weigh themselves??

Yeah I used to do that and it drove me insane. I now weigh myself twice out of the week if I have had a bad week but if its been a fairly good week, only once.

I think seeing your weight go up 3-5lbs throughout the week can be very discouraging and for me, its nearly put me on a restriction-binge path that I'm glad I got off of once I started weighing myself weekly.

If you need to weigh yourself more often then I would do three or four times out of the week but not everyday if its driving you crazy. Believe me I've been there.

And its only because of the variety of food we eat throughout the week and how much intake of water we're getting. If you eat more one day, its going to show the next day but that doesn't necessarily mean you actually weigh that, your body just hasn't had time to flush it out. No matter how much I try to comprehend this, every time I see my weight go up, I get discouraged, so now I just don't do it.
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For the first couple of months, I hopped on the scale daily because I wanted to see all those ups and downs and let myself get used to seeing how much the number could change.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weigh every day, also. I have lost weight very slowly and it helps motivate me to see tenths of a pound dropping off. I do have a digital scale that gives me weight in tenths.

70044776.png
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    marsinah1 wrote: »
    For the first couple of months, I hopped on the scale daily because I wanted to see all those ups and downs and let myself get used to seeing how much the number could change.

Agree.
  • razz02
    razz02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Every morning for 13 years!
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Most mornings, but I only log on Friday.
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Every couple of days because I don't have a digital scale so otherwise it used to drive me nuts trying to figure out if I lost half a pound lol
  • lyndefisher
    lyndefisher Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but don't stress about small fluctuations. My 'official' weigh in day...the day I enter into the system and the one I technically go by is Sundays.
  • Go4Me2
    Go4Me2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    2 to 3 x a week
  • amynb524
    amynb524 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every morning under same circumstances. After going pee and in my undies. I am also kind of a scale slave...so I weigh (but don't log) a lot throughout the day. (after meals, after poo, or whenever I just happen to be near my scale) hehe