P90x?

Options
I am currently doing p90x and was wondering how I long calories in for my dailey excerises? Thank You

Replies

• Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor for the duration then convert to calories burned. Some HRM's will do that for you. It's really the only way unless you want to guess, estimate, or use another person's numbers.
  • bootlebop1979
    Options
    With doing P90X, the most accurate way to document calories burned for "myself" was to buy a HRM, create my own cardio exercise on MFP and log the minutes/calories burned per HRM.
  • heartmn63
    heartmn63 Posts: 4
    Options
    I googled p90x and looked for calories burned information. Here is what I found. I didn't lose 1 pound by listing the high calorie burn according to the websites. Some sites list as high as 600 to 700 calories burned in a 50-60 minutes. When I listed that...I didn't lose weight at all. What I changed was I only listed the calorie burn for P90x under aerobic exercise and it came out to around 400 plus calories...and I started losing again. Weird.
  • deanmarino
    deanmarino Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree with the rest of the folks, a HRM will do the trick. I have the POLAR FT7 and I LOVE it!

Dean
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    here what I do. I wear a HRM with all my workouts, and under cardio I added a P90X there to input what ever calories burned my HRM recorded.
  • Twins032011
    Options
    Thank You everyone!!! That helps alot!!! Goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!!