Anybody done Boudoir photos before?

Options
cbratthauer
cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
So I am doing these in August for my fiance for a personal wedding gift from me to him. I am stepping it up and hoping to be at my goal weight by then, I have 10 lbs to go before I'm happy, 15 to be at what I'd LOVE to be at.... I'm shooting more for the 10 though. But I have never been comfortable in my own skin even in highschool when I was a size 0 :frown: So I was wondering has anybody done these before and what did you do to help calm your nerves down? And what kind of stuff should I be looking for to wear? I know my fiance says he loves me and my body the way I am but my whole life everybody's called me "cute" I cringe at this word, cute.... I don't want to be cute, I want to be sexy! Do any other women feel this way or am I just being weird? Lol

Replies

• bridetobe310711
    Options
    i was wanting to do this for my fiance but our wedding is too close now for me to be as hot as i want to be :(

maybe i will do it for our first anniversary lol
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! and it was AWESOME! the shoot came with a glass of wine, to "call your nerves" and also they made me get naked and put on a silk robe at first, I was in the silk robe the entire time they did my hair and makeup.

The photographers were soooo professional that I totally forgot I was practically naked.

Once you get there and you start talking to them, your nerves pretty much melt away. It was such an empowering experience. I definately think you will love it. I know I did.

****and they made me look WAAAAY sexy. I was so impressed. The pictures didn't even need touched up. That was how good they were at disguising my weaknesses and what I thought were my problem areas and excencuating my positive attributes. If ya know what I mean!
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i was wanting to do this for my fiance but our wedding is too close now for me to be as hot as i want to be :(

Do it NOW!
    If the photographer is experienced with these, the filtered lighting and poses will hide what you want hidden and highlight your best features. I have seen plus size boudoir photos that are absolutely beautiful...remember they can be touched up/airbrushed if you want (you think the models in Playboy really look like that? Trust me, there's razor bumps, spider veins and cellulite that's been airbrushed out) .
    I'm sure the man in your life is not nearly as critical of your body as you are. Don't wait until your first anniversary...I thought that too and was 7 months pregnant by then, and not feeling sexy at all. Now 12 years later I wish I had a pic of myself from before the wedding, when I thought I still needed to lose 15 lbs. I'd give anything to have that body back and wish I had photo proof that it once existed!
    You can always re-do them if you continue on with MFP and get to a point where you're happier with your body, but we girls are never happy with our bodies are we?
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i did it! wanna see???
  • bridetobe310711
    Options

Do it NOW!
    If the photographer is experienced with these, the filtered lighting and poses will hide what you want hidden and highlight your best features. I have seen plus size boudoir photos that are absolutely beautiful...remember they can be touched up/airbrushed if you want (you think the models in Playboy really look like that? Trust me, there's razor bumps, spider veins and cellulite that's been airbrushed out) .
    I'm sure the man in your life is not nearly as critical of your body as you are. Don't wait until your first anniversary...I thought that too and was 7 months pregnant by then, and not feeling sexy at all. Now 12 years later I wish I had a pic of myself from before the wedding, when I thought I still needed to lose 15 lbs. I'd give anything to have that body back and wish I had photo proof that it once existed!
    You can always re-do them if you continue on with MFP and get to a point where you're happier with your body, but we girls are never happy with our bodies are we?

thats true ladies are never happy... but want to get rid of my 'baby pouch' it discusts me lol xx
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    i did it! wanna see???

i do!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    The necessary smilie...

fcad0cab.gif
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I did, he loved it..................hey wait!
  • kdudz
    kdudz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did. Then I had the photographer make an album and I gave it to my husband as a wedding day gift.

Here is a link to my photographer's blog where they featured some of the photos. They were limited with what they could show... I didn't want my face and body all over the WWW. lol

http://steventackeff.blogspot.com/search/label/Boudoir
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    I'd like to do some when I'm finally comfortable with my weight. The ones I've seen from some people here have been so awesome. I might need a few drinks before the clothes come off though. LOL :tongue:
  • binary_jester
    Options
    I did, he loved it..................hey wait!
    ...and jtuner's inbox gets inundated again.
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do some when I'm finally comfortable with my weight. The ones I've seen from some people here have been so awesome. I might need a few drinks before the clothes come off though. LOL :tongue:

Yea I'm definitely thinking a bottle of wine is a requirement lol
  • binary_jester
    Options
    There is a great camera on my Droid X. Just sayin'.
  • SAR1L
    SAR1L Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever even heard of Boudoir photos until now.. O.o. Wonder what else I have been missing out on.. lol
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    No, but dang, I want to!!!!
  • Scheherazadea
    Options
    I have done boudoir shoots before, and that's one of the first things I'll be doing after I get back down to my healthy weight! I recommend bringing your favorite lingerie, or even buying some new lingerie that makes you feel hyper-sexy. Be sure to get to know your photographer well before the shoot, so you'll be more inclined to listen to her/him when they tell you to do something outside of your comfort zone. Also, consider bringing some props that you might want to incorporate into the shots. You'll probably have the choice of where to do the shots: in the studio, a hotel room, your own bedroom, outside, etc. So, you should think about what a good and meaningful place might be for you and your partner.