disappointed/vent

thrashrn
thrashrn Posts: 35
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
blah...I just weighed my self. I was at my highest weight in Jan 2010 (189). Lost about 20 on my own and 20 more when I joined MFP last may. I was doing really well, but I stopped logging in around mid-terms (March 2011 school got crazy). I got complacent in my relationship and started to eat "man" portions instead of portions for my size. I stopped eating healthy and had a few junk binges that lasted a few days to a week. The result....I have gained 9 pounds. I have no-one to blame but myself. *sigh* ...bummer, I did keep working out, and I am on my peroid so maybe it's muscle/water weight? I hope!!! Not giving up this time though!!!! I lost 40 pounds I CAN lose 20 (well now 30) more!!!!!! I'm just so disappointed in myself that I started to let it creep back on ...I really don't want my little ticker to go back up!
Thanks for listening :)
Christy

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,343 Member
    it's only 9 lbs. chin up. you will do it again.

keep going!
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    9lbs will come and go, especially if its your TOM. You've just got to turn it around and you'll see the results you're looking for. Hang in there missy, you'll get there :)
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Not the worst thing in the world, but certainly feel you there... 9 pounds wasn't easy the first time. What WILL be easier is knowing that you HAVE done it once, you KNOW you can do it again ... No room for doubt! Just get back on the track and roll with it!
    Good luck!
  • jmafte
    jmafte Posts: 46
    I know my fiance has multiple time gained 10 pounds at her time of the month. Mostly water weight, because it drops right back off when it's over. Also, I was lazy this past weekend and put on 3 pounds. Before this weekend I was only 3.4 pounds from my goal weight, and now I'm 6.4 pounds. I understand the man sized portions thing.
  • Nine pounds isn't bad at all considering how much you've lost. I wouldn't stress over it. Just continue doing what you were doing before and get back on that horse, that's all. You'll see that loss again in no time.
  • thrashrn
    thrashrn Posts: 35
    Thanks everyone! I went for a walk and feel better now. I know what I did wrong and I know what I need to do right! Thanks again, I don't post much, but lurk everyday. You all inspire me.
This discussion has been closed.