How to get full for under 100 calories?

spiritmachine
spiritmachine Posts: 56
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
Looking for low calorie (under 100) snack that are filling. So far the only one I have found to keep me from thinking about eating for longer than a hour is a hardboiled egg. Eating like 12 nuts or whatever does not work for me. What do you like?

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Hi

I also have hard boiled eggs, but I also have:

Cottage cheese
    Small bit normal cheese (30g ish)
    Banana (small)
    Couple slices ham/chicken
    Half tin/serving veg soup

Tend to go for protein based as keeps you fuller
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    veggies, lots and lots of veggies.
  • spudmizer
    spudmizer Posts: 4
    Apples and Oranges run about 70 calories... and always have those 100 calorie snack packs
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Two tbsp of hummus for 70 calories with some baby carrots. Yum!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Lots of Lettuce and tomato with Mister Mustard hot mustard on Pepperidge farm low calorie bread. Little over 100 but at least you feel like you ate something.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    I buy the snack size packs of popcorn and they usually fill me up pretty well.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Seriously, vegetables. If you have them with 1-2 full glasses of water, your body will expand from the cellulose (cell walls) of the plants. That's the reason plants can absorb water without exploding - cellulose. So think about what that does in your stomach. it's like what pasta does for less calories and sugar :P
    Any green vegetables - broccoli, spinach, kale. You can always eat some fat rice cakes.. they usually clock in 35 cals a wedge. Find what works for you!
  • welovekj
    welovekj Posts: 1 Member
    I like 1/4 of a trader joes bran muffin and half of a protein shake. Full of fiber and protein.
    Or an apple and half a teaspoon of peanut butter or a plate if veggies with low fat sour cream and some turkey or chicken.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    I had some fresh green beans yesterday and instead of just being a snack they kept me full through lunch! I drank a bunch of water and ate about 25 green beans and they were under 50 calories.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    An apple usually fills me up! I add a bit of cottage cheese in there for some protein as well...1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese is 45 calories and 8 grams of protein. So for 125 calories you have a nice filling healthy snack. Another one I like is a string cheese (80 cals and 8 grams of protein) and unsweetened applesauce (50 calories).
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Poached egg over spinach and tomato, soft boiled egg with salsa and pepper, celery or apple with all-natural peanut butter, baked or mashed sweet potato, fresh veggies with dijon veganaise for dipping, or a fresh fruit smoothie with soy milk all work for me!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Bump!
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    lots of great ideas that I have to try!!!! BUMP
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Apples :)
    corn
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    spinach and sweet butter lettuce. I get the pre-packed bags, and each bag is 2 servings...seriously. And they are only like 40-50 cals for all that. Spritz them with some balsamic vinegar or lemon juice and seasonings, and you'll be full.

Another idea; comes in at 100-110 cals. PictSweet brand edamame in the single serve steamable carton. Soy beans are high protein/fiber, so you will feel full for hours.
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    : egg whites with spinach and tomato

apples
  • Bump! Great ideas!
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    fat free yogurt
    apple
    kiwi fruit
    mini milk
    slice of toast from a 400g loaf