SAD about 39

Options
Okay is it just me? I am turning 39 in a week and a half, and honestly I am not happy about it. I have never thought much about age, and you would think it would just be another birthday, but I am really down!! I don’t know if it’s just because I know that big 40 is so much closer now or what. Just curious if anyone else has felt this way?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    yeah when I turned 20 and again when I turned 30...You're a hot 38 year old though, so don't let it bother you
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Embrace your age... everyone ages. I am 41 (42 later this year) and feel great. It was hard for me to accept for a while....but then realized that there isn't anything I could do to change the reality of it. I could either be resentful or graceful about it. Enjoy!!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    We're twins. My 39th is on the 18th, and I am not happy about it either. My problem is that I'm looking at my life and not happy about where I am and where I should be. It's hard and it sucks. I don't know your situation, but I do feel very grumpy about turning 39!!

So yes, there's something about this birthday. :flowerforyou:
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm goin to turn 38 in August and it's starting to bug me that 40 is only 2 years away! Holy cow how did I get so freakin old??? I guess you just have to ignore the number and go with how you feel.:flowerforyou:
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Totally right there with ya, I'll be turning 38 this summer and I'm not exactly where I thought I'd be at that age. However, I'm trying to keep in mind that I'm probably the healthiest I've ever been and only getting better:) Hoping to be the hot, healthy, fit 40 year old soon! :)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 tomorrow. I had a little bit of struggle as I was approaching it but I think I'm good now. Getting older isn't so bad and since I'm feeling better than I have in a long time I'm hopeful that my forties will be fabulous! I have more freedom since my kids are getting older and I have none of the worries about my peers that I did when I was younger. I fully intend to get my black belt within the next few years and i have all kinds of things I want to try out! :)
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I had a harder time with my 29th birthday then I did with my 30th. I am 37 now and I try to tell myself it is just a number but some days are harder than others.
  • Tinalynn15
    Tinalynn15 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks for the response! I am glad I am not the only one. I know I am healthy, have a great life, however can't shake this slump feeling. =) poohy on 39! LOL
  • pariskelly
    pariskelly Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I am 43. I don't FEEL 43. Getting old is no fun, but hey, it's better than the alternative!
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 today....man time does fly by. BUT...In those 39 years I have: met and married a wonderful guy and we will be celebrating 15 yrs together shortly, had two beautiful daughters who are now 7 and 10, have made some amazing friends, have learned a lot about myself and who I am...Yes, turning 39 and knowing 40 is just around the corner is daunting but if we look at how much we have to show for it, it's all good. LIFE IS GOOD! :wink:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'll be 39 in a week, and it doesn't phase me at all. :smile: I'm healthier than I've ever been, and having the time of my life!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Tsydow! :flowerforyou:
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    It's better than the alternative!