Crossfit, Olympic lifts and other exercises not listed...

Is there any way they can add Crossfit specific exercises? They don't even have oly lifts, rows, KB swings and have only one deadlift variation. Haven't been on the site long, but like what I see besides the strength training options. Also, there are so many types of yoga and very few listed.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    those aren't crossfit specific exercises.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Hook90 wrote: »
    Is there any way they can add Crossfit specific exercises? They don't even have oly lifts, rows, KB swings and have only one deadlift variation. Haven't been on the site long, but like what I see besides the strength training options. Also, there are so many types of yoga and very few listed.
    Yes, just make up your own exercises and calorie estimates.

That's what I needed to do, because the MFP numbers were way off for me.

• Hook90
    Hook90 Posts: 3 Member
    DavPul wrote: »
    those aren't crossfit specific exercises.

I know, but I was thinking of things such as toe 2 bars and thrusters. Maybe even certain WOD's like the benchmark WOD's.

• Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    You're better off using other Apps to track that type of stuff. I use an App called MyWOD to track the WODs I do and one called GymACE to track the strength exercises I do. GymACE to me is the most important because I can track my weight and reps for various exercises (creating new ones is easy) and then next time we do those exercises I know what I did last time and can try to match it or beat it. Same with the WODs, but so far, we don't seem to repeat WODs at all.

I do have a custom Cardio exercise in MFP I use to track my Crossfit Calorie burn. I get that from a Polar M400 and HR monitor that I wear when I workout. I don't eat those calories (I use TDEE) but I like to see what I did and compare intensity from day to day.
  • amw8675309
    amw8675309 Posts: 95 Member
    i just go with 'circuit training' and call it a day. if there's a wod with a lot of running/rowing you could always add those in separately. it's close enough