Lets create a Mind over Pain family

Options
Just taking this moment to say HI! I want to create a large community on here. One that inspires from within. SO a bunch of us pushing each other to do our very best!

Mind over Pain!!!

Lex

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I don't understand. Is this due to emotional 'pain' from restricting foods? o-o Unless from health/religious reasons, you can really eat what you want, as long as it is in moderation [within your calorie count].
  • lexxischerry1
    lexxischerry1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pain referring to the physical, mental, and emotional challenges faced during transformation. Whether you are trying to lose weight for vain reasons or health reasons. Whether you are an athlete who uses MyFitnessPal to make sure you are staying on top of things. Pain essentially plagues us through the same three channels.

However the mind has an amazing ability of forgoing this pain. It’s the reason that amazing athletic feats are accomplished. It’s why women can vote, billionaires exist, and why some day a human will walk on Mars.

That ladies is why I say “Mind over Pain”
  • Aussie_in_PA
    Aussie_in_PA Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Try as I might, walking on a snapped ankle with the bone showing was pretty tough to mentally break through. I was far too weak
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Perhaps "pain" is the wrong word? Maybe just use the word "challenges" or "stress" (but even that doesn't sound right...). Yes, some pain we can ignore, but in general, pain is a signal from your body and rather than ignoring it, you should understand what it is telling you...