2mos in and I need some support!

Options
I'm 2 months in and I'm feeling a little defeated. I'm 5'8, started at 160lbs and am currently 153. My weight comes off slow, which I knew it would, but experiencing it is a little different. I didn't start taking photos until a month in. Does anyone see a difference?! Sigh.

I'm got my macros set at 45% carbs, 30% protein, 25% fat. I do cardio minium 4 days per week for minium 30 minutes. Any suggestions?

szi9b8z0mejd.jpg

Replies

• kathknight81
    kathknight81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You def look much more toned and I can notice the difference, do you do any weights at all? Something that won't make you bigger, free weights or a body pump class as you may be doing too much cardio and not enough weight (not to make you bigger but it helps) I've just changed my macros to 40 carbs 40 protein and 20 fat, I exercise 5/6 times a week for 1-2 hours but work in a desk job so think I needed to change my intake proportions.. You've done amazing though, keep going!!
  • Jacqui_Runs
    Jacqui_Runs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I definitely see some slimness in your belly. Congratulations on the weight you've lost so far. I think I'm really lucky to have found your post, because in 2 months I've lost only 8 lbs, and I was just feeling really discouraged today as well because my weight loss is a lot slower than I've anticipated. I'm 5'1, started at almost 173 and I'm now 164. The struggle is real. But it's nice to know that I'm not alone here.
  • DaniYelli27
    DaniYelli27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys. :) It's hard to look at yourself and accurately judge changes when they are minor. I do some basic HIT with weights but my focus has been on the cardio. Think I should start doing weights with my cardio every day I go to the gym?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    A little under a pound a week? Perfect! Keep it up!

If changing your body's shape is one of your goals, which I actually think you look pretty great! Yep, weights may be in order. Give this a read:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference, particularly in your shoulders and legs. I suggest hitting the weights! And heavy weights won't make you big or bulky, they'll give you great definition. Maybe try a program like Strong Lifts?
  • DaniYelli27
    DaniYelli27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the weight tips guys!
  • mfm143
    mfm143 Posts: 131 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am in exactly the same boat as you I'm 5'8 too started July 6 and have lost just under 7lbs - I read the blogs and see others losing more in less time - honestly I'm learning to not but so much significance on the scale - more on how I feel- my hubby and family say they all have noticed a difference in my body - personally I feel stronger and fitter - try not to focus on others - bc we all lose at a different rates - I am trying to recomp my body and as all the blogs say it's a very slow process but the end goal is well worth it! So hang in there ;) thanks for posting !