Bariatric weight loss

I'm only supposed to eat 800 calories a day. Which I seem to be successful at but I've gained 2 lbs. What am I doing wrong? Am I eating the wrong foods?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,371 Member
    We know very little about you and don't know what you have been eating to know if you are eating the wrong foods.

Have you had your surgery yet or are you on the pre-surgery diet to shrink your liver?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    In what time frame have you gained these two lbs? Few days? Weeks? Months? Few days could be water weight. If over a few weeks, you are not eating 800 cals. Do you weigh all your food on a good scale?
  • blessing2004
    blessing2004 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm not weighing my foods I just estimate. And the 2 lbs was in just a few days. I'm doing the calorie counter thing on here. But I'm not sure how to weigh my food
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    When did you have bariatric surgery?

Speak to your med team

But you have no idea how many calories you're consuming if you're not weighing
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,178 Member
    You cannot count calories without using a food scale. Not unless you have been doing this for a while, and no longer need the scale. It is impossible to estimate calories, especially if you are just starting. What you consider 1 serving, so X calories, can easily end up beign 2 or 4 servings if you use a scale.
  • blessing2004
    blessing2004 Posts: 5 Member
    Ok thanks, I go the Dr today so I will talk with them.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Yeah, you really need to go through your medical team after bariatric surgery. For bariatric support, there's a group for that! community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband

I will say (as a patient myself), if you aren't weighing your food, you're not going to meet your carb and protein goals for the day without hurting yourself or making yourself miserable. You should be seeing a Nutritionist. If you aren't, you need to request a referral to one. I can't believe a doctor did your surgery without any nutritional or eating prep work! Regardless, you need to learn right this moment to do it properly now and to be able to maintain once you've reached your goal weight.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Yes, your food scale is your best friend.