Waiting for results.

Options
As much as I'm trying, it's quite difficult when you aren't seeing results.

Replies

• crystaleddie123
    crystaleddie123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started 2 days ago and I'm feeling like I'm losing some weight.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of focusing on the vanity based results (which I'm assuming it what you're talking about here) you could focus on other kinds of results that you'll notice sooner. Increased energy? Feeling better? Easier to wake up in the morning? I don't know if you're experiencing any of those effects but when I first started my journey I focused on those factors instead of the weight. It made it easy to stick with.
  • charleykayesmom
    charleykayesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Make small goals. NOT huge goals. It helps! Take pics every 30 days.....PATIENCE is the #1 worst enemy in weight loss. You have to learn to push through and be patient with results. I promise! Results will come if you are sticking to eating a good diet and workout out. But you can't out work a bad diet so nutrition has to be on point!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Take pictures and measurements that you can compare two or three months from now.
    Weigh ONCE a week.
    Lift weights.
    Be patient. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    maybe you are being unrealistic and impatient. maube if its gone on for a long time then you arent doing it right. How long have you been trying and what is it you are trying? Do you think you knopw what you are doing?
  • SLWright2345
    SLWright2345 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I took a night off exercise the other day and it took me so long to fall asleep because my body is used to burning the energy! It gave me so much motivation to carry on. I'm loving my lifestyle change. I am just being impatient and wanting results now. I know it takes time but that doesn't mean I can't have a moan when I'm having an ugly day :P
  • reisscharlie
    reisscharlie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel , lost 1stone almost without trying now have come to a standstill and haven't lost any for about 3 weeks.
  • abherlihy
    abherlihy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm working so hard but I can't lose weight! I'll be down a few lbs then they come right back. I think it would help to have an accountability buddy but none of my friends are interested in losing weight.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's very, very hard. Results are motivating, but even when you see them, it's still hard!

Especially if you're very obese, it may take some time before results are seen and even then others may see them before you do.

If you stick with it, you will be thin.
  • as5811
    as5811 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. It took awhile for me, too. The more I kept eating healthy & exercising, the better I felt. I had more energy, slept better and clothes started to fit looser. The weight started to drop. I gained my weight over time, so it's going to take time to lose it.
  • SLWright2345
    Options
    abherlihy wrote: »
    I feel like I'm working so hard but I can't lose weight! I'll be down a few lbs then they come right back. I think it would help to have an accountability buddy but none of my friends are interested in losing weight.

That's what we're here for :)
  • SLWright2345
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    It's very, very hard. Results are motivating, but even when you see them, it's still hard!

Especially if you're very obese, it may take some time before results are seen and even then others may see them before you do.

If you stick with it, you will be thin.

I don't want to be thin, I want to be strong
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Waiting? I don't think that's how it works. There's no wishing/hoping/wanting/waiting.... Only working and doing.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    As much as I'm trying, it's quite difficult when you aren't seeing results.

Take pictures and measurements.

It's taken me 3.5-4 YEARS to lose 40 lbs...but I've gone from a size 18/20 to a size 10/12. My goal is to go down one more size, despite the fact that BMI says I need to lose 50lb.

I've gotten off asthma meds almost completely (I use an inhaler on a PRN basis maybe 6x a year). I can squat 250lbs, deadlift 210lbs, and flip a 550lbs tractor tire.
  • SLWright2345
    Options
    Waiting? I don't think that's how it works. There's no wishing/hoping/wanting/waiting.... Only working and doing.

You can still work and do but wait.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I took a night off exercise the other day and it took me so long to fall asleep because my body is used to burning the energy! It gave me so much motivation to carry on. I'm loving my lifestyle change. I am just being impatient and wanting results now. I know it takes time but that doesn't mean I can't have a moan when I'm having an ugly day :P

1. Rest days are vital.
    2. How much exercise are you doing, what is it and how long?
    3. Why is your day ugly?
    4. Keeping records helps you chart your progress and it shuld be quick in the beginning.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options

You can still work and do but wait.

I know this feeling-especially if it is TOM week (or fortnight in my case) where I retain water like a camel (someone else phrased it like that, I love it) and it plays havoc with the scale reading. Just have to remind myself to keep calm, stick without and I will see the results eventually-I do not want to spend all of next summer doing exactly what I did this summer which was hide underneath my baggiest hoodie, no matter how hot it was, because of being insecure about my weight.