How I did it after a lifetime of unhealthy eating

Options
In March 2015 I weighed well over 200 lbs. and I am only 5'3". Growing up in the South everything my mother cooked had either butter sugar or bacon fat that's just the way they cooked. On March 6 I collapsed and was rushed to the hospital I was told that because I was so heavy that I had erosive gastritis and my liver was failing. Because my stomach was so bad everything I was eating was going directly into my liver. I had a fatty liver. Being faced with the alternative of losing weight or dying I decided to lose weight. I've tried every diet in the world for years and years and years and nothing worked out. I always felt like I was being deprived and i was always hungry. I decided that a diet was not what I needed when I needed to do was learn to eat healthier. My daughter was doing my fitness pal as was my brother and sister-in-law and niece and all of them were losing weight successfully. I went on my fitness pal I became their friends I begin tracking what I was eating at begin eating healthier and before you knew it I have lost 67 pounds since March and very proud of myself and I think I'm healthier now than I've been in my entire life I still have about 35 more pounds to go but I know that I can do it.

Replies

• RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Good Job, Well done!
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That is so inspiring. I am 5'2.5 and I over 200 pounds. That is so scary. I know I got to stay on course. I am glad you were able to recover. I am so happy for you.
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Well done. Keep on looking after yourself.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Love this! Congrats on your success, you're an inspiration!
  • anneeett
    anneeett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • Chicasonamission
    Chicasonamission Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work!
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    wow - great job !!
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the hard work. Thing abt being on a "diet" is that it has a start and and an end date; what you are doing now is creating a lifestyle that you need to follow for the rest of your life. It does not mean you cannot eat cake, candy, have an occasional soda, etc.; have it, but have small servings, etc. I read in a fitness mag somewhere that it is a process not a project; if you fall off the wagon, don't give up, just get back on. B)
  • gbapache1960
    gbapache1960 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ayevz3c0x8v4.jpg
    wflzrotxyziy.jpg
    Kind of before and after pictures you can see how fat my face was and how I'm getting better thanks for all the support I really do appreciate it
  • dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great Job! I'm from the south as well, so I can totally relate!
  • judih773
    judih773 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fantastic effort good on you :-)
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Its so amazing how we can change certain things and the amazing health benefits we gain. Keep living life to.the fullest. Thanks for sharing
  • BrendaJoy63
    BrendaJoy63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is so inspiring to me. I am also 5' 3" and a little over 200 lbs. I didn't have very good results on my blood panel last week, so my Dr suggested that I try mfp. She has been using it herself and has lost 15 lbs. I just started Saturday so I am still trying to figure the website out and how to make the best use of all of the tools provided. I know everything will get easier once I get it all figured out. Meal planning is my downfall right now. I have finally got my husband on board to help me by not requesting unhealthy meals and by occasionally walking with me. Good luck to you on creating a new and healthy lifestyle.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    that is amazing !!!!!
  • cpower4604
    cpower4604 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!