tips to drop the last 10 pounds

Options
welcome any advise in this topic

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Do the same as you've for the previous pounds and add extra patience and discipline. Good luck.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That does take longer than the first 20 ,well it did for me.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Careful logging and patience:)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this again tomorrow. One tip:pre log. I already have my whole day logged. Things may change and I can take care of it and change entries as needed.

I also set my calorie goal for slightly lower than what I want my daily average to be, so that I can enjoy a freaking drink or dinner on the weekend.

I lift, so made sure to adjust my program and not have too much fluff/accessory work. I'm adding in some cardio.

How do you like to eat? I prefer high volume so I'm looking at some new things to try. Tomorrow it's going to be protein fluff.

But really, use a food scale, hit your macros, log accurately, and let's be patient.

I tried to do this 3 weeks ago and went a little whacko so hopefully this time will be better!

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    That does take longer than the first 20 ,well it did for me.

yep, the last few pounds are excruciatingly slow.

Your logging has to be super tight as there is so much less room for error.

• yykason
    yykason Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the midst of breaking the plateau. I stop the hour jog and started mixing cardio machines. Basically switching between treadmill, stair master and bike 5min each x2 and add a little intensity and monitor heart rate zone. But I give credits more on cutting the carbs and sugar down though.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Been struggling on my last 7 pounds for months now. Really wanted to hit my goal before autumn so I could go into a bulk phase. Not looking like I'm going to make it. I'm just slowly cutting back my daily cals in small increments until the scale starts moving again. :s
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    As others have said, patience and discipline. It took me 6-7 months to lose the last 10 pounds and it wasn't linear. The last couple of pounds took several months.

Things that helped me (I was doing a 5-day lifting split)
    • Adding a cardio finisher at the end of each workout (either 30 minutes of Treadmill hills or 18 minutes of HIIT sprints
    • Adding a 6th and sometimes 7th day of just steady state (Zone 2 Heart Rate) steady state cardio. For me it was 60 minutes on the treadmill with a chest strap HR monitor
    • Reduced alcohol to only 1 or 2 days a week and when I had it - 1-2 drinks tops