Being single is an oxymoron.

Options
Is anyone else out there a single man or woman? Do you ever find it difficult to stay on track? I receive crticisms from alot of people for failing to stay 100% on track since I'm a single man. Evidently, being single makes life so much easier to accomodate a healthy lifestyle. I understand those with families are spread thin as far as time but does that mean I don't have struggles or challenges from day to day? Ah well.....guess I just have stay focused and not let it get to me. Here's to another day! :happy: :yawn:

Replies

• MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Totally feel you on this one! Hang in there.....
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think its way harder to stay on track when your single! Just the lifestyle, people in relationships can cook healthy meals together, have a support partner when working out, and have someone to help with day to day responsibilities....when you're single you are taking on everything by yourself = way more work, and hard to stay fit! that's just my opinion though :)
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    lol! I actually found it harder when I was single and lived by myself. It so much easier to cook a healthy meal for a family than want to do it for one. There are many days that I ate junk because I didn't have anyone watching me. Plus not having kids means that you can be in the bar, right?!

Cheer up. Make the best choices you can and enjoy being single. No one is perfect and no one expects you to be.
  • HadraPriestess
    HadraPriestess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You really think famly people are spread thinner?!
    What with all the chores to do ALONE, yard, grocery, errands, car maintenance,
    pet care, etc...I am challenged too!

So, the familied people are expecting perfection from you?
    That's their excuse for not doing what it takes...even if
    every day is not "perfect" the goal is to continue moving to a
    healthier more fit place, right?

Let it go. They haven't a clue.

Wishin' you the best... on to YOUR goal!
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    People , myself included, will always find a reason... an only if, to do what we really don't want to do. Although, if I was single and never had children, I would be a world traveling nomad. Spending most of my time where the water is blue!
  • aimee0515
    aimee0515 Posts: 67
    Options
    I think it's harder to stay on track when you're single. You tend to go out more and try to socialize so you can meet someone and don't always eat at home. When you go out, you eat out, drink, etc. And anyway...who are other people to judge. My view is...I want to be healthy...yes. But I'm not going to stop living life and do the things I enjoy (ie. drink a margarita and eat a big juicy burger once in awhile). Sorry...but I want to be be in shape and at a good weight so I can go out and enjoy myself and be proud of the way I look and feel :)
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Any person alone at home is more tempted to eat what they shouldn't. Married people have times when they are alone in the house, so they should understand your difficulties, instead of picking on you. Oh well.
    - Try to keep all trigger foods out of your house.
    - If you must have a trigger food, keep only one serving on hand.
    - If you want to eat a totally fattening food, just keep it within your calorie limit for the day and do not go over your calorie limit.
    The next day, you will crave something healthier.
    Just remember to have fun! :drinker: (lots of water)
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    everyone has their thing on what makes it hard for *them* to keep on track. my weakness is ice cream! haha :) But i feel ya!! Sometimes I think it's easier being single to stay on track and sometimes it's not.

*A reason it is easier for me -

is I get to pick when i eat and what i eat. I don't have to worry about everyone saying "Oh, it's 6 pm, whats for dinner?" So that makes it better cause I can choose my own schedule. and also choose when i work out - but I have other TONS of other things going on that interfere with that too!!

*A reason it's not easier for me -

If I'm alone all the time and don't have a project going or something on my mind..then I might mindlessly snack or sit around and not feel guilty about it cause no one is there to say, "get off your *kitten*!" lol for example, if i go out with my friends or hang out with a guy that evening, i'm doing something fun instead of sitting at home having chips!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    It was easier for me when I was single because I could avoid the kitchen!! Now, I'm in there all the time between the kids and dinner, etc. :)
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You really think famly people are spread thinner?!
    What with all the chores to do ALONE, yard, grocery, errands, car maintenance,
    pet care, etc...I am challenged too!

So, the familied people are expecting perfection from you?
    That's their excuse for not doing what it takes...even if
    every day is not "perfect" the goal is to continue moving to a
    healthier more fit place, right?

Let it go. They haven't a clue.

Wishin' you the best... on to YOUR goal!

THIS!!! Being single means you do EVERYTHING yourself. For me, the hardest part is the cooking, because I don't cook for just me. I'll do it for my son, but I am not expending the effort to cook a good meal... it's getting better over time.

So yes, single people are judged because we're supposed to have a lot of freedom. Uh, news flash. NO.