Yoga.. the answer to flabby arms?

Options
Hey everyone!

I just did yoga for the first time 2 days ago, and surprisingly its a really good workout I think! All of my muscles are a little bit sore, but most notably, my arms feel a bit more taut. Is this the answer to getting lean, toned arms? I don't want bulky biceps, but I would like to have some pretty tone in them. Anyone have any insight into this? Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in their arms from yoga?

happy mfp-ing!!

Replies

• Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yoga is an excellent full body workout. You don't have to worry about bulking up, on any part of your body. Yoga won't do that to you. But it will help tone.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have noticed it. My arms are much nicer since I started doing yoga. It had quickly become my favorite work out.
  • dstikeleather
    Options
    I have been practicing yoga for about two months now - and yes, I have definitely seen more definition and tone in my arms, abs, and legs. I am addicted now and feel so great after working out. I hope you continue to go and enjoy.
  • cecrossley
    cecrossley Posts: 46
    Options
    Yoga is totally awesome for your triceps, shoulders and chest, but don't believe Madonna when she says her guns came from yoga alone. It actually has very little bicep work- there are no specific CURL motions. You will get a little from "sympathy" while you do other things, but if you want to tone up the biceps, you might still need to some light hand weights.