MP3 Players

Can anyone recommend a good mp3 player? I don't like using my phone as one because the battery dies entirely too fast, it's awkward to carry and entirely too delicate.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    not easy to find these days. My daughter has an iPod classic and I use a Zen "Stone" by Creative but both discontinued. The stone is ideally small and minimalist and has an FM radio if you can find one on Ebay etc.
  • Sectionut
    Sectionut Posts: 19 Member
    Really depends on the kind of options you want. You can go simple and do something like an ipod shuffle. No touch screen and very small. There are also fitness/running watches that have built in storage/GPS/Bluetooth. You load it with tunes, pair your favorite Bluetooth headset and take off. Downside is cost mainly http://www.wareable.com/running/the-best-fitness-watches-with-music-playback
  • laydeneko
    laydeneko Posts: 54 Member
    I like my iPod. I've had it for over 5yrs and it works great! My friend has tried some other name brand ones and seemed the happiest with her last samsung.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    I have an iPod shuffle I just use for the gym and running for when I don't want to take my phone. It's great, and I bought one for my boyfriend too and he loves his. They are pretty cheap too.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    I like the iPod. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    I use a sansa clip zip. I'm trying to make the ultimate walking music list from all of my mp3s and it's easy to delete songs. It clips to your clothes, has a clock, you can shuffle or go by alphabetical/numerical order, has a stop watch, sounds pretty good too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited August 2015
    glassyo wrote: »
    I use a sansa clip zip. I'm trying to make the ultimate walking music list from all of my mp3s and it's easy to delete songs. It clips to your clothes, has a clock, you can shuffle or go by alphabetical/numerical order, has a stop watch, sounds pretty good too.

This^

I have both the ipod shuffle and the Sansa Clip+. The + has a slot for more memory.
    The ipod is more expensive for LESS options. It sucks.

The Sansa Clip has way more options.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Thank you guys :) I'm going to look into these. I like the clip idea for holding it. I usually don't have pockets so I (TMI) tuck it into my bra but then I run the risk of sweat frying my player. I really like the older RCA mp3 players but they discontinued them. I like ipods but I've never been able to get the operating system working on any of my computers so I couldn't upload or manage my music.
  • TeaBea
    Thank you guys :) I'm going to look into these. I like the clip idea for holding it. I usually don't have pockets so I (TMI) tuck it into my bra but then I run the risk of sweat frying my player. I really like the older RCA mp3 players but they discontinued them. I like ipods but I've never been able to get the operating system working on any of my computers so I couldn't upload or manage my music.

The Sansa's use Windows Media Player. Newer Sansa's (Sport & Jam) are replacing the old ones. The old ones were reliable! My guess is the new & "improved" ones are just cheaper to make.
  • faji2015
    faji2015 Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2015
    I have an audionic mp3 player. It just requires 5 mins charging and last for days. I bought it when I was in 8th grade now I am in college! I don't know if the company sells in your country. Otherwise, It's best.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    The ones I would look into are:

Sansa clip (suggested above), but you should also look at the Kubik Evo and the Transcend Mp300 or MP350.
    The Evo is even cheaper, runs for 20hrs.
    The Transcend is even cheaper, but lighter, charges quickly and runs for c 15hrs. Less control over playlists though. No danger of dropping its v light 14g.

http://bestmp3player-x.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/kubik-evo-8gb-mp3-player-with-radio-and.html
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0041MHZQK?tag=uniqstor-21
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-MP300-Digital-Music-Player/dp/B0056TYWMW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1439826316&sr=1-1&keywords=transcend+mp300
    the Evo and the relevant sansa models have sd slots so you can store misoc on a card.

As none of them are apple they are all easy to have control of your music over and all play mp3 and FLAC formats.

You should also consider the big impact headphones have on the quality of your audio.
    Im in the gym most days and on a regular basis see people on the treadmills smash their phones as they run and then fly off.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Where do you guys get music for your Sansa's? I used to use Rhaposdy and just pay for tracks the 5 or 6 times a year I wanted one, but apparently now you can't do that.

Any free sites out there that let you buy by the track?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Sony still makes The Walkman. I found it easier to use than anything by Apple, but I'm a quite an Apple hater. :tongue:
  • TeaBea
    RGv2 wrote: »
    Where do you guys get music for your Sansa's? I used to use Rhaposdy and just pay for tracks the 5 or 6 times a year I wanted one, but apparently now you can't do that.

I buy a lot from Amazon. An Amazon Prime account (annual fee) would get you listening privileges. You can do the onsies, twosies there.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    I use the sandisk clip sport or sport clip. I can never remember which way it's named.

PROS
    1. 8GB with a microsd slot for more storage
    2. small and light
    3. clips onto your shorts, shirt, where ever
    4. radio, audiobooks, music
    5. PHYSICAL BUTTONS. I don't want to look at a screen or touch a screen during my workout. I love being able to just tap a button on my waist
    6. great battery life. I charge it like once every 6 weeks.
    7. only about $40
    8. It's not apple

CONS
    1. Doesn't make breakfast for you
    2. Won't pick the kids up from school (wait... I don't have kids...)

sandisk-sport.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    How could I forget the memory card slot? It's one of the reasons I bought it (even tho I haven't used it yet. I just like knowing the extra memory is there).

Oooooo also, you can voice record on the clip+ and clip zips.

When my last one was on its last legs, I bought the Sport because it was getting more and more difficult to find the player I wanted but they got rid of the voice recording and the clock. Two of the features I liked most. So that went back a day later since I didn't realize it when I bought it.

I also looked into an ipod nano and shuffle but....uh....no. You can't do anything with those!
  • RGv2
    TeaBea wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote: »

I buy a lot from Amazon. An Amazon Prime account (annual fee) would get you listening privileges. You can do the onsies, twosies there.

Nice, I don't really care about listening....I just want the track.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    From all the research I did the Sansas had quite poor reliability.
  • RGv2
    999tigger wrote: »
    From all the research I did the Sansas had quite poor reliability.

I've been using Sansa's for close to 12 years now I think. Pretty sure my 1st one went a solid 10.
  • dwasson56
    dwasson56 Posts: 15 Member
    I use the SanDisk clip. I really like it. It clips to my clothes and I can change the song without even looking at it. It's supposed to hold 2000 songs. I believe I got it at Best Buy for $40. I had a lot of CDI I liked and I loaded those on it.