Your favorite recipe/food websites

Options
swanfam4
swanfam4 Posts: 41 Member
I am in desperate need of some new meal ideas - what are some of your favorite sites for finding healthy meal ideas?

Replies

• amybeth45
    amybeth45 Posts: 11
    Options
    cooking light and allrecipies
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatliverun.com/recipes ... be careful on this site, it is a mix of healthy and very tempting treats...
    http://www.dailygarnish.com/recipes
  • jelloabz
    jelloabz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
  • jelloabz
    jelloabz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
  • abbyko
    abbyko Posts: 108
    Options
    www.dashingdish.com
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jmafte
    jmafte Posts: 46
    Options
    I like www.eatingwell.com in addition to some of the others here. Most recipes have nutrition facts on the site so you know what you're in for before you make it.
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    I posted some soups on my blog a while ago, very easy to make, and makes a lot. I don't make any money on it, just trying to share. It is kristen-foodismyfriend.blogspot.com. Good luck!!!
  • tammydspice
    tammydspice Posts: 102
    Options
    www.ginaskinnyrecipes.com
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    thegraciouspantry.com (clean eating), cookinglight (has nutritional value for recipies)
  • perceptualobfuscator
    perceptualobfuscator Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    www.vegweb.com

It's all vegan, so more healthy than most sites. But even on the unhealthy food options, make sure to check the comments. Many vegans are also health nuts, so there will almost always be suggestions on how to make the recipe even healthier (such as substituting apple sauce for oil, or flax seed for egg replacer). I've had great luck finding healthy but delicious recipes.
  • yookie31
    yookie31 Posts: 1
    Options
    Congrats on you all that you have accomplished so far!!! I love your timed goals. Keep up the good work
  • WorkingMomGetsFit
    WorkingMomGetsFit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for new ideas!
  • AmandaJPK
    AmandaJPK Posts: 26
    Options
    Cooking Light is an awesome site and magazine if you can order the subscription. If you like mexican, I highly recommend their recipe for Black Eyed Pea Cakes w/Adobo Cream. For a sweet, there is a lighter version of Strawberry Shortcake w/biscuit that's fairly good...though I recommend not making the biscuits too thin or they'll come out hard (I speak from experience).

I also get Everyday Food, which often breaks down each recipe by calories per serving, fat, etc.

My husband and I have learned to make Chicken Parm a little lighter too. We pound out a chicken breast for each of us (we bought them from Sam's Club so they're 4 oz pieces, I believe), layer low fat mozzarella cheese close to one end and roll it up. I usually have to stick it with a toothpick to get it to stay rolled! Then bake it in the oven. I found low carb pasta sauce called Simply Enjoy (4 carb for 1/2 cup) at Stop & Shop, which I pour over the chicken once it comes out of the oven. If I'm having a good day, I'll cook up a little wheat/whole grain pasta to go with it!
  • purplerose421
    Options
    This is a great topic!
  • swanfam4
    swanfam4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tips everyone!