T25: Success or Failure

Options
Hey everyone! Tomorrow I will embark on a journey...a fitness journey, that is. I will be starting T25! I have heard/read so much positive feedback on this program and have seen my best friend go from a size 10 to a size 4 in less than a year! That is why I have decided to "woman up" and try it for myself. I have a horrible habit of quiting programs after just a few weeks (I have a short attention span!!), so here's to actually finishing one!! Maybe if I blog about it I'll hold myself even more accountable:) Wish me luck!

Side note: I'm 27, 5'9, and 160lbs

Replies

• stef0114
    stef0114 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm starting T25 tomorrow too! I'm in the same boat with never really finishing any program so we'll see how it goes - BUT I have a big vacation coming up next month so I'm hoping that keeps me motivated to keep pushing through!
    Good luck to you!! I hope we're both able to keep it up!
  • NEW_BEGINNINGS28
    NEW_BEGINNINGS28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm actually starting today as well maybe we should start a group. I'm so excited and I hope u guys do great on you journey
  • TarahLee1
    TarahLee1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We should start a group, that would be great! I'm new to the Community part of MyFitness Pal so I'm not to sure how to do that, though:)

I completed day 1 of T25 and I almost died of a heart attack! Apparently running once in a while is just not working for cardio!! But I survived and I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's workout. Good luck to you both and I can't wait to hear how you all did on your first day!
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started today as well! I wasn't sure I'd make it to work once I sat down for breakfast. I even got a break half way through when my cat decided it was the perfect time to vomit on the carpet. I'm really looking forward to the results. I just really have to get my dinner under control, that's when I tend to blow past my calories.
  • ashlysnd
    ashlysnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started today too... tonight actually. I did ok I think. Mostly did the modified versions but I still had to stop seconds short on several of the sets. It will get better each day!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you all. I've done T-25 already. It's a nice program. The workouts are short so you'll have no issues with having a short attention span.
  • jamieedwards725
    jamieedwards725 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been doing T25 accompanied with weight training for 5 weeks now and have lost 2kg over that time. Would thoroughly recommend it.
  • stef0114
    Options
    Day 1 was brutal! My modifiers needed modifiers, and I definitely had to stop several times.
    I somehow got my husband to do it with me too, but we'll see how long that lasts.

This is my first time trying to make it through one of these programs (other than just running with C25k) so I'm definitely motivated to make it to the end! - long as I can still walk tomorrow....
  • stef0114
    Options
    Group started!
    'T25 1st Timers', but feel free to join even if you've been through the program before
  • abir888
    abir888 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have done alpha before and stopped because of holidays... Now I'm just done with week 1 alpha... feel free to add me
  • tayma_777
    tayma_777 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Starting T25 again. Last year i started and within a month i lost 10lbs. It really works. Ive lost track gained back all my weight. My plan and goal is to get back up and do this again. Starting with the modifier I'm just soo out of shape. Good Luck!
  • ashleighs148
    ashleighs148 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've started it about 3 times now, I get to about week three/four and get really bored. It is really repetitive but it does give good results. There's a T25 support group on facebook which is really good. Remember to take your measurements now and compare later as not everyone see's a change in the scale but they're losing lots of inches. I do it a couple times a week now as it is a good workout but it does get boring. But from seeing other peoples results it is definitely worth doing. Good luck, hope it goes well for yous! :)
  • JayWalk39
    JayWalk39 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have done T25 and love it...just remember that even with the workout, diet will account for 90% of your results. Get your macros in line or else you will not see much in terms of a physical difference.
  • TarahLee1
    TarahLee1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of T25 down & I thought I was going to die!!! Lol Wow I'm out of shape! But even though I thought I was going to fall over dead during the plank series I'm still excited to see what tomorrow's workout is like, which is not something I normally would do!
  • stef0114
    Options
    Week 1 complete for me! It was rough, and I modified a decent amount - but I kept going!

If anyone wants to join the T25 group, here it is:
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/108038-t25-1st-timers-or-anyone-doing-t25

Just for anyone wanting a group to share encouragement and motivation!