Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mid-40s: Lost 90+ lbs & maintained for almost 2 years - reached < 10% body fat

mhiggi02
mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
Hi all. I haven't been active on the forums for some time. I started this journey in January of 2013. I was 272 lbs, on cholesterol meds, had high blood pressure, was pre-diabetic and was told my doc was going to diagnose me with type II diabetes.

vam44c0rkg2l.jpg

I started using MFP, logging my food and working to eat healthier. I started running in February 2013 (now my passion!) and by September of that year I had lost 93 lbs. I continued eating right, logging my food and running and added strength training in 3x/week in January 2014.

Friday, I realized another of my goals, one I've been working on for some time.....under 10% body fat. I've had a trainer measure me using both electrical impedance and a 9-point caliper pinch test every several months. Friday the calipers measured 9.2% and the electrical impedance 9.8%. I am so stoked!

Here's to all of our continued health and success....let's tear up those goals!

n7495cgckk2k.jpg
55xunudy35o4.jpg
el3567pvjj0p.jpg
goxqfeo64wtw.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!