Mid-40s: Lost 90+ lbs & maintained for almost 2 years - reached < 10% body fat

mhiggi02
mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
Hi all. I haven't been active on the forums for some time. I started this journey in January of 2013. I was 272 lbs, on cholesterol meds, had high blood pressure, was pre-diabetic and was told my doc was going to diagnose me with type II diabetes.

vam44c0rkg2l.jpg

I started using MFP, logging my food and working to eat healthier. I started running in February 2013 (now my passion!) and by September of that year I had lost 93 lbs. I continued eating right, logging my food and running and added strength training in 3x/week in January 2014.

Friday, I realized another of my goals, one I've been working on for some time.....under 10% body fat. I've had a trainer measure me using both electrical impedance and a 9-point caliper pinch test every several months. Friday the calipers measured 9.2% and the electrical impedance 9.8%. I am so stoked!

Here's to all of our continued health and success....let's tear up those goals!

n7495cgckk2k.jpg
55xunudy35o4.jpg
el3567pvjj0p.jpg
goxqfeo64wtw.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!