Full-time working Mom ready to get back on track

Options
Hi! I'm a mom to a beautiful year and a half old son. I've never been skinny but had always been pretty active before giving birth. I only gained about 20lbs while pregnant and lost the weight pretty nicely right after I gave birth. But then I was on maternity leave for 3 months and packed them right on! Over the past few years, I've gained weight gradually and now I just feel so tired of being fat and unfit. I want to be able to chase after my son without getting winded and I'd love not to have to even think about my weight. Although that's just total fantasy! I have a good 60lbs to go before I'm at a weight where I feel comfortable. It's hard being a full-time working parent and then coming home to take care of your child and spending (a little) time with your husband AND you're expected to cook healthy meals as well. Sometimes I don't have the energy for it so diet takes a back seat but I know it's just excuses. I need help to get motivated and to stay on track! I know I can do this, I've done it before. But I was younger and had time before. Mind over matter! Any encouragement would be helpful. Thanks.

Replies

• CassieBerg1
    CassieBerg1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! In a full-time working mom of 3 and I feel you're pain! With 2 in school and a newborn, I'm so exhausted all the time. I have about 40 pounds I'd like to lose but need some motivation but also some sleep. ☺
  • robyndobyn3
    robyndobyn3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I'm in the same boat (wow to caberg with 3 kids at home!!) I am a mom to a 14 month old daughter, wife to a professional man who has a busy work calendar himself, and executive of a small business. I was overweight when I got married two years ago. I got pregnant two months after our marriage and have only lost 25 of the 45 pounds I gained while pregnant. I now have 60 pounds to lose to get back to my healthy place. My husband and I hope to start trying for Baby #2 in December. The current weight I am at will make my pregnancy high risk and I don't want that since I'm already pushing the age envelope!! Time to buckle down and get with it!

Please feel free to friend me!! I'd love some encouragement and to hear how things are going for others!
  • marisa1232001
    marisa1232001 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in the same boat with one and a half year old twin girls, working full time and a husband who works away part of the week. I have only been on here just over a week but the encouragement to keep going from others is a great device to have! I have about 60lb to lose so feel free to add me as a friend.
  • preciousliam
    preciousliam Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you all... you all can add me I can motivate and use some motivation as well!
  • emiliebecause
    emiliebecause Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I also work full time and I've got two kids. Although no husband so it's alll on me :) . Mine are a bit older though. I've been here for 23 days and I have already lost 7 pounds! I started at 195 and I'm now at 187. I have been finding that it really is about putting myself first sometimes to get that walk or run in and to need a bit more time to prepare food that fits my goals etc. It's all doable though and it is not turning out to be nearly as overwhelming as it felt at the beginning! In fact it's turning out to be kinda fun!
  • schwartzamanda14
    schwartzamanda14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a full time working mom of 2. Just like you I'm starting my weight loss journey....again! I've been overweight most of my life, going through the cycle of gain and loss over and over. To make matters complicated I have the added bonus of a autoimmune disease that wears me down. Add me as a pal if you'd like.