Hello! Disgusted with myself. Let's get back on track.

Options
Hi! I used to be a runner, and ran about 15k per week for my own pleasure. I ate really well and was safely in a healthy BMI.

What happened was simple: my life got really busy. But I didn't adjust my lifestyle, and really ended up going off the rails. I gained 30 pounds of pure fat and lost muscle along the way. I hate what I've become, enough that the consequences of not doing anything about it are worse than the consequences of fixing it.

This time, I'm doing things differently. No more excuses. No more beating around the bush. No more touchy-feely psychobabble. No more coddling. I'm handling this head-on. I've been lying to myself and pretending like my behavior didn't matter...but it does. Everything matters. Mostly to me, but also to others.

So I'm not playing games here: I got dad-fat and gross, and I can't stand to look at myself anymore. I know the real world doesn't give a damn until I've lost the 40 pounds I need to lose, but maybe here I can catalog my steps along the way. Let me know if you are doing the same.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    No excuses, no regrets. We don't quit. Ever. Let's fcuking GO
  • derekspiewak
    derekspiewak Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    No excuses, no regrets. We don't quit. Ever. Let's fcuking GO

Exactly. This guy right here.
  • h4idi
    h4idi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lets do it !!!!! This is like exactly my story lol. Used to be a runner, got really into my career and stopped working out, suddenly I'm 30 pounds heavier and I'm DONE.

Lets go!
  • Love2GoRun
    Love2GoRun Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used to run all of the time up until I picked up an injury a few months back. I am cleared to start again so let's get moving!
  • tragland317
    tragland317 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You hit the Nail right on the head!!