Thinking About Paleo/Carb Free? Let's Go!

Options
h4idi
h4idi Posts: 6 Member
Join me! After about a year of takeout I am huge and I'm done with it. Used to follow a paleo diet 4 days out of the week and run 5 k, I'm looking to get back to that and even surpass it!

Replies

• Lovedogs57
    Lovedogs57 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in - I've heard nothing but wonderful about Paleo.
  • neversummer589
    neversummer589 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I prefer to take the high carb and work my *kitten* off approach. Ive done little to no carbs and it drains your energy levels. I always end up rebounding with more weight than when i started, a few weeks later.. I now eat 400-500 grams of carbs a day and stay as active as possible and watch the fat slowly disappear. Everyone's different though!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Paleo is not carb free nor is it required to be low carb either. It tends to be lower carb because a lot of carb heavy options are eliminated but it is not low carb.
  • neversummer589
    neversummer589 Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Just going off the title. "Thinking about Paleo/carb free".......
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I do not think the paleo is a really good rounded diet to be fit. You can lose weight but the body needs carbs to build muscle. Check out muscleforlife.com to get some great common sense advice on great dieting habits.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I do keto, which is similar to paleo, but I can eat dairy. I feel way better eating this way than I did when I was consuming way too many carbs and way too little fat. Don't mind the negativity you may get from daring to post about a different eating plan. It's the norm around here. If paleo helps you reach your goals, then more power to you!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I do keto, which is similar to paleo, but I can eat dairy. I feel way better eating this way than I did when I was consuming way too many carbs and way too little fat. Don't mind the negativity you may get from daring to post about a different eating plan. It's the norm around here. If paleo helps you reach your goals, then more power to you!

@ladymiseryali
    If this was in regards to my post, I am not being negative. I am not against Paleo, I've done it myself. I don't do it now but I don't discourage people from trying. But it ISN'T meant to restrict carbs, that's a common misconception. I would suggest that someone trying a different eating plan learn the ins and outs.

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

@ladymiseryali
    If this was in regards to my post, I am not being negative. I am not against Paleo, I've done it myself. I don't do it now but I don't discourage people from trying. But it ISN'T meant to restrict carbs, that's a common misconception. I would suggest that someone trying a different eating plan learn the ins and outs.
    Wasn't referring to you