new and starting power 90

kvierling44
kvierling44 Posts: 1
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone,
I've finally realized that i just need to get myself in shape. I'm hoping that this site will hold me accountable for both exercising and paying attention to what I'm actually eating. Any tips from anyone out there doing power 90? I started about a week ago and am feeling good, but don't know how to log my workouts on this site. I am also on the side hoping to get enough stamina to run the 5K for Ovarian Cancer Break the Silence in September instead of walk it. Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks!! :smile:

Replies

• afoshag
    afoshag Posts: 14
    I am currently doing Power 90. I talked to my friend who uses this site as well and is huge into fitness and he recommended that I log the cardio workouts as aeorbics high impact or low, depending on how hard you work, and actually log the sculpt portion as circuit training. Which makes sense because it is fast paced weight circuit. I don't know if have the Power 90 Master Series workouts but if you do you can find a 90 day plan for those on beachbody.com. It was great to find that! I wrote down the Lean Series and the Regular. I have P90X and hope to be there by this fall! As for the 5k you will be surprised how much these workouts help with running endurance. I personally do run workouts on the sculpt days. halhaigdon.com (I think) has some great 5k workouts for all levels, beginner to advanced. I slowly built up to this though...When I started Power 90 there was no way I was able to handle that much exercise! But now I am able to train for both! But I always have a rest week, like they do in P90X.
    : ) Good Luck! And I hope you can run that race, it is for a great cause!
This discussion has been closed.