NEW here!!

Options
:smile: Hello,

I signed up 2 days ago.....need all the support I can get!! Mom of 3 and overweight, depressed, lack of motivation blah blah blah.
I need to get focused on me again!! I haven't really started exercising...but planning. First I want to get the calorie count down :)
Btw It says I need to stay at 1200 calories a day, but I'm still breastfeeding my 1 yr old baby and starving!!! Any suggestions?

Replies

• Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hello,

There are a couple threads out there regarding breastfeeding and most of them recommend 300-600 calories additional. If you are starving all the time you probably won't keep this up. I'd suggest setting your profile to 1lb a week instead of 2lbs. As you'll see over and over, this is a marathon not a sprint. We all want the weight off as soon as possible but we can also set ourselves up for failure if we aren't realistic. The weight will come off if you eat less and exercise more but you've got to be kind to your body during the process or it will fight back.
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Things here are good and you will get all the support you need:) As far as breast feeding, put it in under excercising in your log and it will alter your calories to be eaten so that you can keep up with all that is needed to keep you and baby going!! Good luck and friend me if you want to :)
  • Jackie0127
    Jackie0127 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

I'd suggest trying to stay in the 1400 calories instead of the 1200 because you are breastfeeding. A suggested amount of calories for a breastfeeding mother is 1700 but since you are trying to lose weight, don't go down to the 1200 you might be limiting yourself and your baby of healthy nutrients.

Good Luck on your journey! :smile:
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    http://www.ehow.com/about_4598063_many-do-burn-day-breastfeeding_.html Don't know if this link is helpful, but it sounded interesting. Friend me if you want some support!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I would also suggest that you decrease your goal to 1 lb/week vs. 2 lb/week. Plus, you need the extra nutrition for breastfeeding. You will burn yourself out if you are starving all the time. Take it slow, this is an adjustment. You can always decrease your goal for not and increase it later.

I only focused on my eating for the first 5 months and then 3 months ago I added exercising. Eating right is about 90% of the success anyway. Good luck!!!
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am on day 10 and love it. Counting calories (I am at 1200 as well) makes me think about my weight ALL DAY and makes me programmed to make GOOD choices or better choices than I have made. It is a great tool. Download the ap to your phone, you can scan bar codes while on the go. It is awesome.

Oh and I am a Mom to 2 girls. So understand the tug of war for time :)

How much you trying to lose? I am trying to lose 15.

Good luck!
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Hello,
    ..... As you'll see over and over, this is a marathon not a sprint. We all want the weight off as soon as possible but we can also set ourselves up for failure if we aren't realistic. The weight will come off if you eat less and exercise more but you've got to be kind to your body during the process or it will fight back.

Good Advice!!!! :happy:
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    Welcome
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    With breastfeeding you need to give yourself extra calories. I would stick to 1lb a week and trust me I did the 2lbs a week and had to cut back and now am feeling soooo much better. You don't want to strave yourself especially if you are breastfeeding hun.
  • CooCoo
    CooCoo Posts: 14
    Options
    I agree with Phera. When I first started I put in a goal of 2lbs /week. Not only was I hungry, but I got depressed because I was not hitting my targeted weight loss goal..... Bring your calorie intake up a bit and see if that will help with your hunger. If you don't feel comfortable bringing yorur calorie intake up, try to eat foods that have a high nutritional value. Lots of protiens, calcium and veggies..... I am new here as well, but the support that I have received from the people who have added me as friends has been wonderful! Feel free to add me if you want to! :)
  • evike76
    evike76 Posts: 3
    Options
    That is so helpful!!!! Thanks!
  • evike76
    evike76 Posts: 3
    Options
    HI. Thanks for your reply! I want to lose 40-50 lbs (My weight before having any children).
    This is day #3 and boy...........I'm overeating!!!!
    At least I'm starting to watch what I eat now......