Working hard but not loosing weight

Options
I have been struggling with weight loss lately. I have been working harder at the gym. I've been watching what I eat but for some reason I seemed to loose more weight when I ate more.

just wondering what else I can do.

My plan is to up my protein and start lifting heavier again, but I'm wondering if there is anything else that could help.

Replies

• Shappy75
    Shappy75 Posts: 5
    Options
    It sounds like your working harder in the gym is weight training? If so, that could be a large part of the problem. I did a lot of heavy weight lifting for most of my life and was typically strong in the gym, but didn't translate well into other uses for those muscles or weight-loss

Optimally, you want to keep your calories as high as possible while losing weight, so just try to burn more calories doing activities. Good activities to me are martial arts, plyo, kettle bells, long walks/ hiking, running.

Upping protein for what? High protein to build muscle is a myth and only strains the liver. Or are you cutting carbs? A quick fix to losing weight, but dangerous if you're not going to stay on the diet for the long hall.
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that the body will go into 'emergency' or 'starvation mode'. It's like it says if you are gonna spend 3000 and put in 1000 I'm gonna conserve as much as I can. It thinks you are sick.I went from 232.5 to 234 even when I exercised and had a 500-700 calories for several days,
    On the other hand if you've lost a lot of weight your BMR may be a lot lower now and you may not have a big enough deficit.