Combining P90x and Insanity combined?

Options
I've read around some where people are combining the two programs. Doing Insanity on the days P90x calls for Cardio. Does anyone know the specifics of this? Do you just do Insanity in order skipping the P90x strength days? Or are there certain Insanity workouts you do on the days that P90x calls for Cardio?

I'm considering these programs to cut the last of my bodyfat...then starting a new goal based on where I am then. I want to push the results as hard as I can, using P90x to maintain and possibly build muscle...with Insanity to cut bodyfat. Combining these two seems like it would do the trick.

Anyone done it? Have any specifics for me?

=D

Cris

Replies

• hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    i'd love to hear about this as well....
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Wow...I just realized how moronic the title of this is lol. Teach me to walk away from the PC in the middle of writing the title...then come back and finish it lol.

If a moderator could fix that...I'd appreciate it =p.
  • agulledge32
    Options
    I did p90x for 3 months and dropped 22 pds. but I do feel like I want to add something else into the mix. I'm kind of bored with just it so I have started running, cycling (spin class at the gym), and thinking about trying trx classes.

I would love to know other experiences and advice, too.

Amy
  • kandidoll
    kandidoll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My friend is planning on doing this. I just do the P90X. He said that you do days 1, 3, and 5 of P90X (so the workouts that end in Ab Ripper X), then do Insanity on the other days. Being as I haven't tried Insanity, I'm not sure which workouts you substitute with...

I hope that helps a little bit!
  • reptile86
    reptile86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'd love to hear about it too. I don't own either of those workout programmes, however I hear they're supposed to be the best around, so, depending on the answer, may look into following them myself... :bigsmile:
  • bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I was reading about people doing this. This link is a pdf that combines the two:
    http://pledgetostayfit.com/documents/p90x_insanity_hybrid_workout_schedule.pdf
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I haven't done this, but am considering doing a hybrid with both or maybe ChaLEAN Extreme and Insanity instead after this round of Insanity is done in 5 weeks. In this newsletter you can see a proposed hybrid schedule for the first month - http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90xnl_014.do#
  • ckisme
    ckisme Posts: 15
    Options
    It's called the P90X - Insanity Hybrid Workout Schedule. Google it and you can obtain the schedule.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...that's exactly what I was looking for!

Now, have any of you done it??

=D
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Google P90X/Insanity hybrid... there are many different hybrids ppl designed out of these programs.

I'm starting a new round in 10 days and it will be P90X/Insanity hybrid.

Good luck!