Ate 3600 calories today. How much will I gain?

Options
After going almost 3 weeks binge-free, it happened again today. I ate 3600 calories total today. How much should I expect to gain if I normally eat 1600 (on maintenance)? Will fasting tomorrow reverse the damage I've done today?

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    What fracking damage do you really think you did today?

Are you eating 1600 net or gross calories per day? How tall are you? What do you currently weigh? How active are you outside of deliberate exercise? How much exercise do you do per day?

• GhostlyGoat37
    GhostlyGoat37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 gross calories per day. I'm 5'3 and 110 lbs. Outside of deliberate exercise, I'm sedentary. Otherwise I only exercise for 30 min a day.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    So you eat at a deficit on a daily basis before exercise, are already at a healthy weight, and are worried about one day of eating?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I'm troubled by your sentence " will fasting tomorrow reverse the damage ".
    You should not punish yourself for eating over your calorie allotment. It happens. Try to learn from it , try to see what caused you to eat over and how you can prevent it in the future. Punishing yourself could open the doors to dangerous thinking .

Also , anything you " gain" will likely just be water weight anyway so there's no reason to freak out. Just stay off the scale for a few days and move forward.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You need to carry on. I've eaten 4000 calories in a day and maintain on 1800. I took a run the next day for 3 miles and that was that. No gain besides water weight from sodium. Don't punish yourself.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    You need to carry on. I've eaten 4000 calories in a day and maintain on 1800. I took a run the next day for 3 miles and that was that. No gain besides water weight from sodium. Don't punish yourself.

^^^^^This!!!