30 Day No Sweets Challenge

I'm trying to cut down on sweets, and would like to go a full 30 days without sweets. I'm starting on the 16th, Sunday. Would anyone else like to do this with me?

Replies

• bonneboo
    bonneboo Posts: 27 Member
    Oh my goodness I wish I could do this but I could not live without my cup of sweet coffee in the morning and sweet tea in evening. I'm going to check this post out later.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I would love to but I can hardly make it 30 minutes! Good luck :)!
  • aahcupcake
    aahcupcake Posts: 4 Member
    Does fruit count? I'm trying to add more fruit but otherwise I'm totally in
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    I have the WORST sweet tooth ever! It is a terrible habit so, I am in. I will try!
  • GoGoGirl1111
    GoGoGirl1111 Posts: 46 Member
    Hi, I am a avid sweet eater, not sure if I can go the 30 days, but a day at a time I'll try :) good luck
  • joshuasmommy143
    joshuasmommy143 Posts: 5 Member
    0xNikkix0 wrote: »
    I'm trying to cut down on sweets, and would like to go a full 30 days without sweets. I'm starting on the 16th, Sunday. Would anyone else like to do this with me?
    I would love to do this too! I have a serious sweets problem! I'm in!!
  • 0xNikkix0
    0xNikkix0 Posts: 145 Member
    aahcupcake wrote: »
    Does fruit count? I'm trying to add more fruit but otherwise I'm totally in

Fruit doesn't count. I'm just talking about cupcakes, doughnuts, ice cream etc. If it's healthy, eat it. :)
  • 0xNikkix0
    Day one is over, how did everyone do? I just barely made it, my little sister kept offering me her candy and ice cream plus my mom bought extremely sugary cereal. But somehow I did it. I hope everyone else did well. :)
  • kylelei
    kylelei Posts: 11 Member
    i am in too
  • jaydasbuddy
    jaydasbuddy Posts: 12 Member
    I'm in too
  • egirlcat207
    egirlcat207 Posts: 51 Member
    Hey all - coming in a little late but boy do I need this challenge lol. I was also looking into the 21 day no junk food challenge so this is a good one to start with. Feel free to IM me and add me to group. Stats so far..only been awake long enough for breakfast so no cookies so far lol! And am totally free for daily chat if anyone needs a little extra encouragement .
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    After a blood sugar spike of 455 which could have put me in a coma, and which included 3 20 ounce pepsis and pastry, candy, and chips, I've been eating perfectly (not exceeding calories or carbs, and having a pound of vegetables daily, a veggie soup, a burger, and oatmeal with peanut butter) for 24 days. I also walked 6 miles and climbed 8 stairs daily, and did some calisthenics and high intensity interval training too. 17 days into it, my toxic hunger went away. I stopped eating my burger and soup and put them back in the fridge. I look so good that a guy followed me to my office from the eleavator. My pants are falling off and I packed up a bunch of clothing that was too big. Of course, retaining my vision and all of my extremities and not dying 10 years early is a great motvation! I lost 9 pounds and look like I lost 20 because it was all fat.
  • sarahb247
    sarahb247 Posts: 36 Member
    Sounds good is it just sweets? Can still have a sweet yoghurt?
  • 0xNikkix0
    sarahb247 wrote: »
    Sounds good is it just sweets? Can still have a sweet yoghurt?

As long as it doesn't have the same nutritional value as candy, sweet yogurt comes in quite a few varieties. If you think you're staying away from sweets then you are. The rules aren't written in stone, and different people do things their own way.
  • 0xNikkix0
    After a blood sugar spike of 455 which could have put me in a coma, and which included 3 20 ounce pepsis and pastry, candy, and chips, I've been eating perfectly (not exceeding calories or carbs, and having a pound of vegetables daily, a veggie soup, a burger, and oatmeal with peanut butter) for 24 days. I also walked 6 miles and climbed 8 stairs daily, and did some calisthenics and high intensity interval training too. 17 days into it, my toxic hunger went away. I stopped eating my burger and soup and put them back in the fridge. I look so good that a guy followed me to my office from the eleavator. My pants are falling off and I packed up a bunch of clothing that was too big. Of course, retaining my vision and all of my extremities and not dying 10 years early is a great motvation! I lost 9 pounds and look like I lost 20 because it was all fat.

That's great, congratulations on your success, and keep up the good work.