HELP - Losing 20 Pounds!

Options
Hello all my fellow FitnessPals,

I've been struggling with my weight for almost 2 years now and I feel horrible trying to fit in with my prettier, skinnier peers. Recently, I started cutting down on my food intake and doing cardio, yoga etc. I've lost 9 pounds so far but I still have 20 more to lose before I reach my goal.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you've been doing. The closer you get to your goal the tighter your logging has to be.
    No guestimating. Do you use a food scale to weigh all your food? A scale is not an absolute must, but if you want to be as accurate as possible with your food logging, then I'd suggest getting one if you are not already doing so.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It seems like you are doing the right things, I agree with buying a food scale. Also, don't compare yourself to others, start loving yourself and be proud of the positive changes that you have made!
  • yykason
    yykason Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For meal, I just make sure carbs occupied 1/4 of my plate, rest of it are protein and fiber.
    For workout, try introduce hiit workout in your routine, the afterburn is undoubtedly good. Good luck!
  • jnxche
    jnxche Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @christinev297 @acmanna Hi darlings, thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I thought it wouldn't be feasible as I'm currently working and usually eat out during lunch. Also, I live in Singapore and sometimes the calories counter on MFP doesn't provide for the hawker food we have here...
  • jnxche
    Options
    @yykason Hey! Thanks, I'll try it out. Currently I would make myself have at least 2 salads through the work week, hoping to get more fiber. Do you recommend protein shakes?
  • yykason
    Options
    I'm from malaysia, MFP still work for most hawker fd such as char kuay teow, noodles, nasi lemak etc. I do take protein shake but only on workout day, shouldn't use it as meal replacement. For me, I take heavy carbs only in the morning, egg whites, moderate cereal and guava for lunch (guava really fills u up). For dinner, go to economy mixed rice stall and pack only vegetables, egg or tofu, some lean meat without rice, and a guava an hour later.

Eliminate sweetened beverages ie canned drinks, fruit juice, and drink ur coffee black..u will see results in matter of days..keep it up
  • jnxche
    Options
    @yykason Hey! Wow, great to know there's a "neighbour" around. It's a little hard to get the hawker food portions, no? Besides...they have different recipes and what not...

Thanks for your encouragement though!
  • yykason
    Options
    I usually counter check the calorie with other sources, it's tedious but u only do it once. Won't be 100% but I guess it's close..MFP even support Chinese food if u know how to input Chinese words
  • jnxche
    Options
    @yykason Wow seriously? Thanks for letting me know that!