Hi! I'm a newbie!!

Options
Hello! I'm Joanie. I've not very savvy with a computer so I hope I'm doing this correctly.
I have about 100lbs to lose. I've tried soooo many diets in my life. The most I ever lost was 25lbs which I quickly put back on.....and then some...Ugh
I'm surrounded by skinny people in my life. Family included. They pretty much assume that I'll fail yet again each time I attempt to lose weight. I've even been told to just give up and just accept the size I am.
So this time round I've told no one that I'm trying to drop this weight.
My blood pressure is off the charts. My back and leg hurt constantly. And the slightest movement gets me out of breath. I've got to help this poor old body of mine! I'm 44 and feel & look so much older. I've done this to myself I know.
I would so greatly appreciate having some support from others that understand this battle. Am I in the right place?
Hope everyone has a safe and happy day!
Thanks for listening.

Joanie

Replies

• PACIFICHIKER
    PACIFICHIKER Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Joanie. I understand how you feel. It's hard to get started but be proud of yourself, you are doing it. I just logged in here and am looking around too.

Lynn
  • MysticalT
    MysticalT Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Try not to see this as a diet. It's a learning experience and a lifestyle change with an aim to being healthier.

Take things one step at a time, don't try to change everything at once. Maybe try logging everything you normally eat for a couple of days and look at the calories and nutrition you are having it can be a real eye opener!

Everyone here is really supportive and you will get all the help you need!

To me it's not a diet, it's a journey to health and a longer,
    happier life :)