Negative Calorie Adjustments - iPhone 5s

Options
loldiz
loldiz Posts: 33 Member
I've been reading these forums and trying to understand everything about MFP. I use my iPhone 5S to track my steps and it gives me a positive calorie adjustment based on that. I have read about negative calorie adjustments, but I cannot see the option to turn them on in my settings. Can anyone explain why this option is not available to me?

Replies

• loldiz
    Options
    Anybody? Have I posted this in the incorrect forum? I have been tracking my activity and keeping an eye on the adjustments from my phone and it does seem to go up and down based on how active it thinks I am but I would still like to know why the option does not appear to be available to me.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    This should really go in the help sections of the forum (the response probably would have been quicker)

I don't think it's actually in the setup options for the 5S (I couldn't find it either, and I looked for a while). Log in on a PC and go to settings>diary settings and the fourth title down is 'enable negative calorie adjustments'.

Although I believe in the FAQ, it states that the step tracker inside the iPhones doesn't allow negative calorie adjustments, so it won't change anything for you anyway. You usually need an actual activity tracker (fitbit, jawbone, garmin, etc) for it to work.
  • loldiz
    Options
    Thank you for your response! I should have been clearer - even when logged in on my PC I still can't see the option. Thanks for the information from the FAQ - I'll go and check it out.