Yeah, uh buh bye fat!

Options
whoiskeely
whoiskeely Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey! My name is Keely, I'm a whopping 20 years old, about to be 21 in less than a month, (yeyuh!) And god I am tired of being overweight! At 252 lbs, I am the biggest I have ever been. uzbr0wubq8hq.jpg
"Don't mind the mean mug I'm giving in the picture. I was standing over a man hole and I thought it'd be funny to look like I have x mean kind of powers for a sec. Naturally I don't have very many body shots so this is the best I could do being that's my most recent picture haha taken just a couple of weeks ago"

Being overweight since I was 6 years old it has never been easy for me to drop the pounds. I once tried the Jenny Craig program, and lost about 40lbs in about 4 months. That was the most successful I had ever been at losing weight. While it worked, I was young minded and didn't take it seriously when they told me I needed to continue a healthy life style afterward. Duh, right?
mblygkh6n5tp.jpg
tahw252mu3hs.jpg
"During my "sexy stage" in 2012"

Well... Needless to say I was what I would consider a healthy thicker girl for a while. I quite enjoyed my body, I felt sexy, and powerful. Ha! Imagine that! Feeling good about my body. Yeah I was on top of the world. Even though I wasn't exactly fit, it worked for me.
After a couple of years of being somewhat of a loner, staying home, watching tv and eating was all I did. Especially when I discovered this local movie rental place near by. And then on top of that, the series Lost as well. Hey I know I'm a few years behind, but that show is still awesome!

I recently made a few big changes in life. Got in a relationship with one hell of guy and then moved from Dallas to San Antonio with him, where I have family, we figured this is the perfect place for a fresh start. Everyone here are overall pretty healthy, and I totally feel out of place. As I always have, thanks fat.
02aovrwxsam2.jpg

Now I can't lie, a big reason inwanna lose weight is I want don't want to be the only one in my family to have to unbutton my jeans in secret shame when we all go out to dinner. But my biggest reason is, I'm ready to feel good, and look good. Okay, yeah no, I wanna feel awesome and look hot. I want to want to be one of those chicks that can breathe when they run after their kids. Hell, I want to be able to at least have the choice to be able to have kids. As I've heard it's not so easy start cooking one when you're really overweight. I dream of the day I have a variety of choices when it comes to clothes (and of course, wedding dresses ;) ). I mean, I want to cry when I say yes to "The Dress" because I can't believe i feel so beautiful, feel like an actual bride and what not. But IF I don't lose this weight, I know there's gonna be a totally different reason I'm crying.
Am I the only one that freaks out when they try jeans on? The sweat, the tears, the shame! I'm ready to leave that behind.
I started my journey on losing weight officially yesterday. I'm pulled out the tissues and bid farewell to the bread, sugary sweets, and sodas. Also started a membership at planet fitness with my hunky man. Yeah! As they say go hard or go home, right? I know, I know. Pace yourself Keely. But seriously, it worked for my aunt. She lost all her chunk in about 4 months. Now she's strutting in her heels feeling like a badass.
Yeah. I'm jealous. But it's inspiring.
I mean she's in her 50s and made it happen. I have no frickin excuses!
I'm ready! I'm excited! And... I'm also a little hungry. So I'm gonna go eat something.
Something healthy ;)
Thanks for reading. And good luck on yalls journey, I'm here for support if you need someone to talk to, we can do this together:)

s7bbhkpowxcj.jpg

-Keely

Replies

• amandapalmieri
    amandapalmieri Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    sent request!
  • whoiskeely
    Options
    Cool beans! You have been accepted my friend!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Don't set unrealistic expectations for yourself, though. It's not going to come off in four months. The healthiest way is about 2lbs a week :) You also don't have to give up anything if you don't want to. I still eat sugary treats, just in moderation and making it fit into my calories. This way, I don't feel deprived.
    Good luck!
  • allyalexandria
    allyalexandria Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Keely, I lost like 40lbs in 3 month too. I was 166 and went to 127. I am 5'3 and was 36 years old. I did it by going to the gym everyday and walking 3-4 miles on the treadmill. I walk really slow, so it too around 1.5 to 2 hours. I said to myself, no excused, just do it. I ate very little, just little bites here and there throughout the day. 2-3 tablespoons of whatever my family was eating for breakfast lunch dinner. I drank tons of water.
  • whoiskeely
    Options
    Welcome! Don't set unrealistic expectations for yourself, though. It's not going to come off in four months. The healthiest way is about 2lbs a week :) You also don't have to give up anything if you don't want to. I still eat sugary treats, just in moderation and making it fit into my calories. This way, I don't feel deprived.
    Good luck!
    Thank you! And oh no I don't expect it to melt off me in 4 months. I honestly don't even really have a goal on how much to lose by a certain date. I just need and want to learn to eat what's best for me. Of course I'm gonna have a cheat every once in a while but really the stuff that's in our food today is so crappy. Watched a documentary about it. It's ridiculous and kind of scary how bad they are. Thank you so much for your advise :) good luck to you too!
  • whoiskeely
    Options
    Hi Keely, I lost like 40lbs in 3 month too. I was 166 and went to 127. I am 5'3 and was 36 years old. I did it by going to the gym everyday and walking 3-4 miles on the treadmill. I walk really slow, so it too around 1.5 to 2 hours. I said to myself, no excused, just do it. I ate very little, just little bites here and there throughout the day. 2-3 tablespoons of whatever my family was eating for breakfast lunch dinner. I drank tons of water.
    Congratulations!!! Woah that's really frickin awesome, thank you that really helps me feel more motivated. My main problem is probably gonna be portion size for me. Ugh I love food lol