100+ lbs to lose. Need motivation!

Options
Hi, i'm Candace. I gave birth to my son last month and was able to lose 24lbs so far and I am trying to lose more! I weigh 244 lbs and I have never felt so disgusted with myself as I do right now. I could really use friends to help motivate me and hold me accountable! This is a long process, but I am ready for a change. Please feel free too add me.

Replies

• MelissaNeill1
    MelissaNeill1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Candance, as one who has struggled with her weight her whole life...I know exactly how you feel...I too have been at your weight and knew I needed to change it for me. I would love to support your journey and look forward to helping where I can along the way.!!! Here we go, first thing to remember is to not allow "how you are feeling that morning/day" to interfere with what you know you have to do to change that number on the scale. Believe me, I had three children and know how busy and exhausted you are and will be as a new mother, but remember, that baby "NEEDS MOM TO TAKE CARE OF MOM" and as he grows he will watch you eat/exercise and care for yourself and you will be instilling those very important fundementals in him. I have a 3 1/2 year old granddaughter that has watched my daughter do this very thing over the past 2 years and I can tell you that even at 3 1/2 she has the eating habits of her mother and identifies "too much sugar" for example herself and will even tell you she has belly ache cause she had too much sugar. Just wanted to encourage you to remember that "taking care of mom" is an "need of your son". Good Luck and look to me for any support you may need. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • BrittanyNol
    BrittanyNol Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi girl, I'm here with you & need motivation and an accountability partner myself! I have always been overweight, but when I had my daughter in 2009 I had gained 60 lbs & also found out I was hypo thyroid from the pregnancy blood work they ran. By early 2010, I was down 30lbs only to find out that I was pregnant again! Luckily with my son I only gained 20lbs. However, my mom (she was my only parent so we were super close) passed away from a brain tumor when he was 5 weeks old and my daughter was 18 months old. I used food to deal with my emotions for a long time (just now trying to break myself from that). Had years of health problems not knowing what was wrong until April of this year I was diagnosed with celiac disease and being on steroids for so long I had reached my highest weight of 240. I had did 3 months of boot camp 4x's week and had only lost 8lbs and could barely move I hurt so bad. Started taking phentermine last month to help curb my appetite and give me energy to work out and I'm down 9lbs and 1 inch as of my last weigh in. Hoping to kick my low carb into gear this month since we're headed to the beach in October! I know I won't lose much before then, but any loss will make me happy. I've got a total of 100 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight, but just trying to break it down by 10's to stay motivated. Looking for friends around the same amount of weight to lose to help hold me accountable for my food choices and workouts!!!!
  • sharonmcweenie
    sharonmcweenie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm with you... I'm still trying to lose my baby weight. My daughter is now 17 yrs old! Ha! I'm a yo-yo-er, but this time seems to be sticking (mentally, anyway). I have over 100lbs to lose as well, so I'd love to hang out with you on here and we can push through this together! We got this, girl!! :)