Premium membership?

Options
Has anyone tried the premium membership? What are your thoughts, is it wrong the extra perks.

Replies

• Pasadoflores
    Pasadoflores Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Worth***
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I wanted micros before MFP made it available and bought my own software. Not switching back. But if MFP had had that option when I needed it, I'd have bought it here.

I think tracking micros is a great idea. Loads of people think that if you meet your macros, the micros take care of themselves, but it's just not true. I like seeing where I'm doing well and where I'm not. Helps me to learn which foods I can include to help with different things. Like most people in America, I took in waaaay less potassium than is recommended, so I worked on that. That is no longer the case! :)

It also helps if you know a little bit (which is all I know! Very little!) about nutrition, so that you can read the numbers, but take some of them with a grain of salt.

For me, YES, it's worth it to track the micros. :)
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    You can track your macros without premium.

I've had premium for a week, and just cancelled my membership. Not worth $13 per month IMO. The only thing I gained was the ability to change my macro goals in 1% increments (or grams) rather than 5%, and the ability to see what foods I ate that were higher in carbs/protein/fat (which I already know).

Nothing else of note that I'd actually use or need.
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If it was a one time purchase I'd buy it, but no way in heck for 13 a month.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I dread to think how much Aussies will have to pay for it when it's available here. I'm predicting almost double what Americans pay :neutral:
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I bought it when it launched to see all the neat new charts and whatnots. It's not worth it. I do like to keep an eye on my micros but I don't find myself looking at it enough to warrant the cost. So I won't be buying it again. You live you learn.
  • tkempe84
    tkempe84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on the fence to upgrade to the premium MFP and MVP mapmyrun app. Both are just not enough functionality to warrant the subscription (IMO). It would be really nice if UA would make a package deal that would allow you premium features for both at a combined discount price. I would consider upgrading then...
  • irishdancer214
    irishdancer214 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you get with the premium
    subscription? Just micros?
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    It is definitely worth it to me!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like it so far. Since my protein goal is based on grams, it's nice having the ability to adjust your account by grams instead of calories. I like having no ads and a huge fan of quick adds to include macros. My work has recipes and nutrition, so I can plan accordingly.