Homemade coffee - recommendations?

Options
I will begin making my own coffee at home once I buy a coffee maker. What's your favorite brand of coffee to make?

I currently enjoy my coffee light and entirely too sweet (with extra caramel swirl from DD...) so extra strong may not be good for me to start with.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I adore half Newman's Cafe Almond Biscotti and half Teeccino Almond Amaretto. I'm drinking it in smoothies so bananas are sweetening it.

I bought this Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer a few years ago and love it. I can either make a whole pot or a single serve. However, I was using a LOT more sugar when I used the single serve all the time last winter. I noticed recently how infrequently I am filling my sugar jar these days.

k2-_1f179c6a-8f08-4bd5-8c2c-95aa53127331.v1.jpg
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I like Folgers or Eight o'clock coffees (original blends). I started adding a dash of cinnamon to my coffee and was able to cut down on sugar until I can drink it with just cinnamon and a splash of 2% or skim milk.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I use a Toddy to make coffee concentrate. You can also buy coffee concentrate at Trader Joe's. Mix 1 part coffee to 3 parts boiling water. I love it, but the results are in the brewing method, not in the grounds.

I'm not enough of a connoisseur to care that much about the beans/grounds. I get a medium roast, sometimes flavored, and don't worry about it.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I like Starbucks or Nordstrom E bar beans.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I tend to go to the grocery store nearby with loose beans and pick out a low acidity dark roast and grind as I go, using a french press.
  • yaygerbomb
    yaygerbomb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll be looking into the recommendations.