any trainers or fitness coaches? have some questions!! :)

Options
I have some questions and I'd like to have someone who I can go to every time I have a question. I'm losing weight and wanna be fit. Please add me!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You could just post the question in your own thread. Many very knowledge and helpful users on here.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Ask. There are tons of really experienced people here who can help you and even better, won't try and sell you rubbish.

Most "coaches" on this site are actually scam artists for Herbalife, Shakeology etc.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just ask your questions, it's free.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Most coaches on here are only just mlm peddlers that will lie to you to make you think you need to buy there garbage supplements and snake oil.

If you have a question, just ask it. You'll get plenty of answers from people who are not trying to sell you anything.

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Most coaches on here are only just mlm peddlers that will lie to you to make you think you need to buy there garbage supplements and snake oil.

If you have a question, just ask it. You'll get plenty of answers from people who are not trying to sell you anything.

And you'll have lots of people who will point out if anyone is handing out misinformation.
  • Supermom3212
    Supermom3212 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok well today was my 2nd day at working out at the gym, well I worked out for 30 mins and did couple weight machines. Well when I was done I was feeling sick and nauseous, is that normal? I'm overweight so I didn't go hard at my 2nd day but I did push myself.
    Thanks
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have to eat something small an hour or so before I go to the gym. If not I feel sick and like crap after my workout.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Ok well today was my 2nd day at working out at the gym, well I worked out for 30 mins and did couple weight machines. Well when I was done I was feeling sick and nauseous, is that normal? I'm overweight so I didn't go hard at my 2nd day but I did push myself.
    Thanks

That happens to me if I haven't eaten and especially happened when I was just starting out. You may just need to eat and be well hydrated before working out. If this continues , see your doctor though just in case.
    Sometimes it takes a little while for us to learn how our bodies react to strenuous activities. I learned I can't go on an empty stomach and I can't eat directly before going either. For me, I have to eat about an hour before. But in time you'll be able to read your bodies signals better.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Thanks
    Pushing your body to physical levels it's not used to can bring on nausea. Eating just before working out can too. It's normal if you're coming in after being sedentary for awhile.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Supermom3212
    Supermom3212 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to eat a small something now then go in about an hour for my daily workout, going to see how it goes!
  • Samakiyah
    Samakiyah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This post helped me. Yesterday for the first time I couldn't finish my Cardio circuit routine. It was hard for me because I became nausea and felt my chest burning...my last meal was at 2 PM or a little after and my workout session at gym was about 4:4 PM so that probably was the cause...not eating
  • Elle1657
    Elle1657 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Very normal, during exercise blood goes out our somatic tissue in our muscles then when you rest it returns to less pressing functions like digestion so then you are aware of nausea ect :)