low calorie/healthy snacks

Options
hello! I am currently living in an undisclosed location for 6 months and they do not have a wide variety of healthy food and snacks available. ( I do not have access to a grocery store either) We do have some fruit and some veggies, but besides that not a whole lot. I am trying to lose about 15-20 more pounds while I am here and I don't want to starve myself or eat the junk food that they have here. Question is... what are some good snacks that are low in calories or somewhat healthy? I have had people send me almonds and granola but I was wondering if anyone had other suggestions. thanks!

Replies

• marynorbeck93
    marynorbeck93 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn!! Or chips and salsa, and if you can handle spice I feel like the hotter it is the slower I eat and the more it fills me up!
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    snacks... jello w/ reduced sugar (only 10 calories, & taste really good; strawberry kiwi), "fig newtons (strawberry flavor, 100 calories for 2), watermelon, coffee w/ almond milk & equal "sugar" ( calories per cup) (also staves off hunger/snackiness)

food... progresso light soups, mmm! vegetable (120 calories for can) or chicken noodle (140 calories for can)
  • hollybee
    hollybee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    2 tbs of fat free cottage cheese and mix it with a jello cup! I mix up the jello cup really well where it looks like a snow cone almost and then mix it with the cottage cheeseIt is delish and only about 55 cal and helps if you have a mid afternoon sweet tooth.