2013 to now... my transformation from over 240 lbs!

Options
atiana19
atiana19 Posts: 94 Member
I have been on and off of this site since July 25th 2013. On that day I saw a photo of myself in a bathing suit and I hit the floor yes its the one below.The last pic is my most recent. I put on most of my weight with my first pregnancy like most of us mommies and never lost it. Then my daughter was diagnosed with Cancer (she is now in remission) and I was depressed and eating and self loathing.
I saw that picture and decided to make a change. Found this site the next morning online and knew it was time to be accountable. I wanted to be there for my daughter and my son. Over 70 lbs later I still have a few lbs to go, but at this point I have started to weight lift and am trying to body sculpt to get over that final plateau. I am proud to say that I lost the weight with diet and exercise exclusively... no pill will give you good health in the long run...Good luck to you all!
u41nbnheam67.jpg
0yjunywagehf.jpg
n5bkttpsryr9.jpg

Replies

• handeye
    handeye Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    wow pretty lady! good work! what an inspiration!
  • d2othev
    d2othev Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing! What kind of diet did you do? I really struggle with dieting and feel like I might need pills to help :(
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow you look stunning congrats
  • atiana19
    Options
    d2othev wrote: »
    Wow! That's amazing! What kind of diet did you do? I really struggle with dieting and feel like I might need pills to help :(

I have to say that I am not a trainer or nutritionist and everyone's body is different but what I did was I started by cutting carbs and sugar.This alone will get you losing weight right away I lost most of my weight the first 3 months of my new eating habits. My fav meal is breakfast so I would have whole grain toast and a huge egg white omelette you can mix in one yolk to start getting used to the taste of the whites and lots of veggies this will fill you...a sample lunch would be grilled chicken salad, olives a little avocado and balsamic or rice vinegar for dressing..dinner was homemade turkey meatball soup or chicken soup. Soups are filling (again lots of veggies) and throw in a little brown rice in the soup to fill you. Snacks would be peanut butter or almond butter and celery or rice cakes and fruit, or cheese low-fat 1 oz.. I love cheese lol. I followed the recommended caloric content of this site for the most part and watched my portions.
    There should be a small amount of discomfort but you should NEVER be starving.
    Drinks are iced tea and water mostly ..no sodas no carbonated beverages this was easy because I don't like soda much anyway but if your a soda fan try to go for diet and cut back if you can to eventually eliminate it.

Eventually I became accustomed to my new eating habits and my cravings eased up. I totally understand the temptation for the pills its fast and easy. I used to do pills for years and would yo-yo diet. I tried all of them they made my heart race and I would lose weight just to gain it right back like a few weeks later I would pack back on 15-20 lbs. I also hear they also do a lot of damage to your metabolism. In my OPINION you will see lasting healthier results with low carb and moderate exercise.

I also started walking ..start slow... I could not walk more than half a mile at first without getting winded ,now I run 7 so HANG in there progress will come. And if you slip just get right back on track don't let a bump deter you WE ALL SLIP its what you do after that matters. = )
  • atiana19
    Options
    Wow you look stunning congrats

thank you = )
  • RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story with a beautiful little "inspiration" <3 !!! Congratulations on your success :)
  • Daisyhatespeach
    Daisyhatespeach Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!!! Great inspirational story!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    wow. great transformation. I'm also glad to hear your daughter is in remission. There is nothing scarier as a parent than seeing your child sick.
  • cpower4604
    cpower4604 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And thanks for inspiring others by sharing your success!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Such a beautiful transformation, for such a beautiful little inspiration. Hope she is doing well. Love the healthy way you lost it and will be able to keep it off. Congrats!!
  • bb1lopez
    bb1lopez Posts: 81 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Amazing :)
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Your results are amazing! Thanks for sharing and including the great advise. Nothing beats eating right and some exercise.
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    atiana19 wrote: »
    d2othev wrote: »

I have to say that I am not a trainer or nutritionist and everyone's body is different but what I did was I started by cutting carbs and sugar.This alone will get you losing weight right away I lost most of my weight the first 3 months of my new eating habits. My fav meal is breakfast so I would have whole grain toast and a huge egg white omelette you can mix in one yolk to start getting used to the taste of the whites and lots of veggies this will fill you...a sample lunch would be grilled chicken salad, olives a little avocado and balsamic or rice vinegar for dressing..dinner was homemade turkey meatball soup or chicken soup. Soups are filling (again lots of veggies) and throw in a little brown rice in the soup to fill you. Snacks would be peanut butter or almond butter and celery or rice cakes and fruit, or cheese low-fat 1 oz.. I love cheese lol. I followed the recommended caloric content of this site for the most part and watched my portions.
    There should be a small amount of discomfort but you should NEVER be starving.
    Drinks are iced tea and water mostly ..no sodas no carbonated beverages this was easy because I don't like soda much anyway but if your a soda fan try to go for diet and cut back if you can to eventually eliminate it.

Eventually I became accustomed to my new eating habits and my cravings eased up. I totally understand the temptation for the pills its fast and easy. I used to do pills for years and would yo-yo diet. I tried all of them they made my heart race and I would lose weight just to gain it right back like a few weeks later I would pack back on 15-20 lbs. I also hear they also do a lot of damage to your metabolism. In my OPINION you will see lasting healthier results with low carb and moderate exercise.

I also started walking ..start slow... I could not walk more than half a mile at first without getting winded ,now I run 7 so HANG in there progress will come. And if you slip just get right back on track don't let a bump deter you WE ALL SLIP its what you do after that matters. = )
    Thank-you that was well said. Thank-you for sharing
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    your before is my after! I'm sitting at about 240 now...(down from 315)... but I would love to eventually make it to where you are. You look amazing! and after kids! way to go!!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! You should be so proud. way to go!
  • atiana19
    Options
    thank you for the kinds words everyone they are greatly appreciated
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Great job! Beautiful!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm glad ur little girl is better and U look fabulous.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Congratulations! You should talk to the one poster doing the all milk/water liquid diet! :/

So glad your daughter is doing better!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!