Lavash "chips"

Options
sd101483
sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
Gave this a try lastnight and it turned out really well - thought I'd share. I did this with Joseph's Lavash Bread. You could do it with the Flat Outs as well.

I took one Joseph's Flat Bread (100 calories) and used just a little olive oil on each side (maybe 20 calories, tops) and then, for this batch, I sprinkled one packet of Sugar in the Raw on one side, and a little cinnamon. I used a pizza cutter to cut into pieces about the size of a wheat thin. Threw them in the oven, on my pizza stone (but any pan would work) at 350 for about 5 - 7 minutes. They came out crispy, a little sweet, and awesome! I used them to eat some peach mango salsa. I'm going to try the same tonight with some garlic and herbs to use for guacamole. The entire serving is about 110 calories (counting olive oil) and they make a LOT of "chips"!

Enjoy!

Replies

• bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    thanks! sounds yummy!
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    thanks for sharing
  • Lisa076
    Lisa076 Posts: 78
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, will for sure be giving this a try with the garlic & herbs (chips are my weakness).
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    *bump* mmm, sounds good. Let us know how the savory ones come out.
  • mauck7
    mauck7 Posts: 74
    Options
    Your going to have to make some when I get up there! Sounds sooo good.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    just an update on the savory ones - FLIPPING AWESOME! A little olive oil, a little squeeze garlic, and some savory herb blend - YUMMMMMMY! Thank GOD it makes a ton of them for 100 calories! Ya just can't stop! ;-)