My Sister is Here Somewhere...

Options
Good Day All!

My Sister has successfully lost 55lbs using myfitnesspal after trying for YEARS to lose weight using numerous other methods. She absolutely RAVES about the tools available here and the support of all of you fine people. So... here I am and away I go! Time for me to drop this excess 'baby weight' and get back to 'fighting weight'. Heck, I'll just be happy to see my toes again!

Replies

• merrycat
    merrycat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I know you'll do awesome acheiving your goals :)
  • barbiegirluk
    barbiegirluk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It is a great community. It also feels good that there are lots of people who are in same boat as you. We all can provide inspiration to each other
  • kristiedavis1
    Options
    Welcome! It's an amazing tool.
  • LWatson43
    LWatson43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Take it a day at a time and do not focus so much on the weight lost at first and if you have not take measurements because you will probably see inches before weight lost and pace yourself slowely. Remember we are here for each other because we all are struggling with our weight. :bigsmile: :explode: :angry: :mad: but at the end it will be :flowerforyou:
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!!! you'll be seeing your toes in no time!! :bigsmile:
  • bluellies
    bluellies Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My sister is here somewhere too! I was going it alone until my sister told me about this site. Love it, love the tools, community, recipe calculator...I'm hooked! GL on your journey, you'll see your toes before you know it :)
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm just getting more involved with the site myself. Been a member for years and never utilized the tools until now...my sister convinced me too :-) Together, hopefully we'll all see our toes!!!! :-)
  • MissMichellemybelle
    MissMichellemybelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have had an account for close to a year, but only in the last month have really started to take advantage of all this site has to offer.

It is the BEST feeling in the whole world to finish a great workout, come back to your computer, and get to log all of those lost calories. When I don't want to workout, sometimes the only thing getting me through is the thought that I get to log all those lost calories on MFP, and then receive a lot of praise from my MFP friends.

On the other side, when I look at that cupcake and consider eating it, there is always that strong voice of shame and regret telling me "everyone on MFP will see this, don't do it!"

We are all in this together. When an MFP friend works out, I want to work out too. When someone is under their calorie goal, I want to be there too! This site makes you accountable not only to yourself, but to others as well. I wish you the best of luck in achieving a healthier, happier you!
  • maysflower
    maysflower Posts: 180
    Options
    HERE I AM!!! Welcome to the BEST site EVER!!!
  • alison_cpb
    alison_cpb Posts: 23
    Options
    Sweet! You are TRULY my inspiration to get at this again. I am so very proud of you and your acomplishments so far. I know exactly how hard it was for you and how hard you have worked to get where you are today.

NOTE TO EVERYONE ELSE: if you ever need style advice ask maysflower! If not for her I'd be walking around in glorified potato sacks...