What is your opinion?

Options
PeachyKeene
PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
I know this has nothing to do with Weight loss, but actually it does more than you know.

What if you worked with a group of people, and you suggested to your boss something that would help things stay less confusing, and organized. Basically, you are ignored. Then, another co-worker suggest it and they are giving the credit for it. You suggested it before things got messy, but they suggested it after everything is a mess. Do you mention it to your boss? Not to really get the recognition, but to show them how you were ignored.

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what it is and maybe the reason why I was ignored. I might request a meeting and bring it up, just to feel out why you were ignored. Was it because they are simply reactionary instead of being proactive? Was it because they don't seem to value your opinion or take you seriously. There are many variables. But, if you want to have them listen to your suggestions in the future, just make sure they are aware that you suggested this before the mess and it all could have been avoided if they had just listened to you.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You have to ask yourself "would my boss be receptive" or would he think I was crying. Is he the kind of person you can talk to.
  • queencamilla
    Options
    I guess it depends on what it is and maybe the reason why I was ignored. I might request a meeting and bring it up, just to feel out why you were ignored. Was it because they are simply reactionary instead of being proactive? Was it because they don't seem to value your opinion or take you seriously. There are many variables. But, if you want to have them listen to your suggestions in the future, just make sure they are aware that you suggested this before the mess and it all could have been avoided if they had just listened to you.

I agree!
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    We were ahead of the curve on that one, weren't we?

In this case it doesn't matter who gets credit, but sometimes it does.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    We were ahead of the curve on that one, weren't we?

In this case it doesn't matter who gets credit, but sometimes it does.

lol! You recognized didn't you. So I am not so crazy after all! or am I?